Manually update your phone to DI07

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Step 1: download this file. I already renamed it for you.
Step 2: Place into your SD card. Make sure it isn't in any subfolders
Step 3: Turn phone off
Step 4: Hold down Vol down and camera as you power on the phone
Step 5: The update should automatically be found and install
Step 6: Reboot phone

These are the stock directions. I believe this is flashable with Clockwork Recovery if you snagged that. This will not work if you're using a modified kernel or missing Sprint Apps. You must restore both to factory before updating. If you've simply rooted, this update will not mess up your root.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I think I can handle waiting for the OTA. Now if it was the Froyo update taking forever, I would manually install for sure if available. This one though, not such a big deal.

huytrang90

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a stocked Epic with installed app from Market. Followed the steps, but the update process did not run.

Am i missing anything at the power on step while holding down both the vol. down and camera button?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It should run an update script when you hold down the camera and volume down button. Continue holding down those two buttons while the phone loads until you get to the stock recovery screen. Triangle with exclamation point inside it.

iilex

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried downloading this using default browser, skyfire, xscope, opera, and Galapagos... seems like the zip file is only 4kb when downloaded? Is this supposed to be downloaded via a computer only?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

huytrang90

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I must have missing something. It does not work. :(

I hold down both those button till my wall paper went up and Media Scanner completed then screen goes into power saving (black).

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I was unable to get this to work. I tried putting the Zip file on the SD card, and tried unzipping it and my phone just started up.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I completely revoke that last comment. I turned off the pattern lock, and it came up no problem. It's rebooting right now, and I'll know officially in a moment if Media Hub works.

Edit: Confirmed working.

denness544

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I got to the triangle screen and the green android guy. I can move the selection up and down but how do i select the "apply sdcard:update.zip"? I tried almost every key on the keyboard but the only thing I can do is move the selection up or down.

update: nevermind, i just hit the Home capacitive key and it's updating now.

Fuseni

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I got to the triangle screen and the green android guy. I can move the selection up and down but how do i select the "apply sdcard:update.zip"? I tried almost every key on the keyboard but the only thing I can do is move the selection up or down.

update: nevermind, i just hit the Home capacitive key and it's updating now.
Nothing was automatic for me too. Had to select the update from sdcard option and hit home for the phone to update. The first post needs to be updated!

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
how long do you hold down the camera+vol.down button?

did you hold it till your wallpaper display or galaxy S display?
power off phone. Hold down volume down+ camera button+ power button until u see recovery screen. If u see sprint boot up screen, then u didn't do it right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692