Can't redownload certain apps after update

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help here. I recently installed the OTA update and then figured it would be a good time to reset the phone to factory settings. So I did that, went into the Market to redownload my apps and noticed that only some of them were listed. Searching for the missing apps yields nothing. Some of the ones that are missing include Slingplayer, Logmein, and my Excahnge by Touchdown key. They aren't listed in the downloads and searching for them again yields nothing. I have tried performing a hard reset on the phone (twice) but that doesn't fix the issue. I also tried clearing the cache in the browser but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's list the apps that no longer show up:

- Exchange by Touchdown KEY
- Slingplayer Mobile
- Fandango
- Logmein
- Pure Calendar Widget
- Samsung Desktop Dock Application

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Well I hope Samsung does something quick... that's horroble... That's one of the reasons I stay away from Samsung phones..... I hope they fix it quick to prove me wrong.. Good luck guys..

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I did a little more research into this issue and found out that the way the Market works, it checks your ROM to make sure its on the approved list. If the ROM is approved, then you are able to view/download "protected" apps (which includes both paid and free apps). If your ROM is not on the approved list, then you cannot view/download protected apps even if you have already downloaded/purchased them previously. Apparently, it takes google anywhere from 24hrs - 2 weeks to add new ROMs to the approved list and since the OTA update updated the Epic's ROM (making it appear different from the stock ROM that shipped on the phone), looks like we will have to wait a few days for our updated ROMs to be approved by Google. Once that happens, we should be able to view/download the apps that we currently cannot see.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Never mind not being able to get to them, it won't even let me sign in the my google account.

One would think that this would have been coordinated in advance perhaps?

danny2744

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had no such issues myself. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch for you guys.

wow you are lucky. i just bought a slingbox and updated the phone before i brought the app. i just returned the slingbox. i tried everything and i didn't want to wait anymore lol

Telc

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I did a little more research into this issue and found out that the way the Market works, it checks your ROM to make sure its on the approved list. If the ROM is approved, then you are able to view/download "protected" apps (which includes both paid and free apps). If your ROM is not on the approved list, then you cannot view/download protected apps even if you have already downloaded/purchased them previously. Apparently, it takes google anywhere from 24hrs - 2 weeks to add new ROMs to the approved list and since the OTA update updated the Epic's ROM (making it appear different from the stock ROM that shipped on the phone), looks like we will have to wait a few days for our updated ROMs to be approved by Google. Once that happens, we should be able to view/download the apps that we currently cannot see.

This is partially correct but it can take actually up to 30 days. In most cases it goes in a few days.

Honestly I had to exchange my unit under the 30 day policy because the back button was not working well and it worked even worse with invisible shield on it. So I decided not to install the update on the new unit until the software is approved.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Same issue....

Glad I looked in here, I had Appbrain bring up all of my apps and noticed a couple did not find the proper app or url. It is good to know as I was thinking it had something to do with me doing the manual update and recovering my stock rom. The one I had by default had some of the Sprint apps removed that kept the OTA update from coming through.

My problem apps are:

Nintaii Lite
PayPal

I was able to find an old version of PayPal but will not update to the current version. All of my other apps were installed just fine so this is a weird deal happening. Oh well, I am sure it will get resolved.

yellowxboy

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm looking thru the xda forums and it doesn't seem as a huge deal compared to this forum? i dont see much people complaining about the android market not working but over here i see a couple peeps having the same problem i am.

question: was anybody who got the update via OTA with a stock Epic? I'm curious because my is not stock because it was rooted, then unrooted and re-rooted and now with the latest update +_+

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
question: was anybody who got the update via OTA with a stock Epic? I'm curious because my is not stock because it was rooted, then unrooted and re-rooted and now with the latest update +_+

Yes, mine was stock, I did the update OTA, and some of my apps are missing from the Android Market.

yellowxboy

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
*phew* glad it wasn't just the peeps who rooted and updated manually! I thought there mightve been some corupt file or something during the manual update process.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Telc

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine was stock, I did the update OTA, and some of my apps are missing from the Android Market.

I had updated via OTA and also lost a few apps but got my unit replaced which had the old software.

I was missing:
My-Cast Weather
Asphalt - the version that doesn't work with Epic

jimmyz

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My experience- I have 2 nandroid backups- one rooted D27(old) with the andromeda kernel - here I can find and install all apps. When I switch to my other backup- rooted (DI07) with the stock kernel I cannot find protected apps- if I switch back the apps reappear!

harpstar

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me (missing 3 paid apps) after I completed the media hub update.

This same thing happened to the Hero on Sprint after an update back in January. It took a few days for the issue to be fixed but it took users bringing it to the attention of the powers that be.

yellowxboy

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
so i reflashed back to the stock rom and performed the manual update (just like how i did the first time) and now everything works including the market and gtalk. strange.. must've been a corrupt file or something *shrugs*