Slider scratching keyboard?

joosen

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that the keys on two columns of my phone have been scratched from what looks like the sliding mechanism. Is anyone getting the same problem? The keys are: 2,W,S,Z, and 9,O,L, and the up and down arrow keys. Would I still be able to get an exhange since I'm still under 30 days?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

joosen

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Dang. Yeah, I thought it was the slider... but now I'm starting to think its the case... I knew I shouldn't have bought those cheap cases from eBay....

joosen

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't really help. There's nothing you can put in between the keyboard and the slider.

Well, because it slides, the have to add extra material for it to snap onto both pieces of the phone. That extra material is what's causing the scratces on my keyboard. I think.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, because it slides, the have to add extra material for it to snap onto both pieces of the phone. That extra material is what's causing the scratces on my keyboard. I think.

Yeah, if you look from the side, you can see that the slider may be slightly touching the keyboard at some point.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a case, and never have had a case on it and i have scratches on the T, Y, G, H, V, B, and space bar keys

It seems like the edges were really scratched too for me. They were beyond noticeable on my Epic and even a blind man could probably see them.