If I exchange the phone do I get a new 30 days?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I reall really love the epic... however the battery life after the sept 16th update has made it practically useless.

I was wondering if I could switch to a different phone like the evo for 30 days... then if the issues are resolved with the epic can I switch back?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You get as many exchanges as you want within one 30 day period. You can switch back and forth between Epic and Evo within those 30 days, but the 30 days do not extend.

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
that doesn't make sense. when i had the original evo, i had issues with it. when i got it swapped out, my 30 days "reset" for another 30 days.

unless I lucked out? :)

beardman

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Other Limitations and Fees
You may exchange an item only once during the initial 30-day period. An exchange does not extend the 30-day period.
Sprint reserves the right to deny service to prevent multiple returns under the Sprint Free Guarantee
If you cancel service within 30 days of activation, you are required to return your device and will no longer be eligible for any associated mail-in rebates.
If you do not return your device within 30 days of deactivation, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee of up to $200.
Replacement devices provided as part of an advanced exchange that are not returned within 10 days of receipt of the replacement equipment may be subject to an equipment non-return fee of up to $500.
For any devices or accessories purchased through a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) offer, all devices or accessories purchased must be returned/exchanged to receive a refund or comparable exchange. Each upgraded device exchanged may be subject to the $35 restocking fee, except where prohibited.

source: Sprint 30-day Return and Exchange Policy

cocochannelle

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive done multiple exchanges in the past with about 2 extensions of 30 days each without issues. It was 2 years ago. I dont know how it is now, all i say is dont abuse it

Last edited:

Spyderfry

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Depends on where you get it. The Sprint Corp stores say 1 exchange. Period. But I know they don't adhere to that. Best Buy, Shack, etc. usually allow multiple exchange within the 30 day period.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you have a technical problem/defect with the item and You return it there is no restocking fee and you can try another phone and 30days will begin on date of purchase. I just got off the phone with tech support and made sure they noted on my account the problems i was having (cap upload, no mms pictures while on wifi, gps not locking). I specifically asked when I take back my epic back that the radio shack has no evo's in stock. If i was able to go into another store and purchase the evo and have 30 days to try it out. She said yes.
I had the same problem with the palm pre, it was defective. tried it out at walmart for 30days, took back because of technical problems i had with it and went to best buy a couple of weeks later once some of the fixes had came out and bought a pre. My upgrade was not affected, I do believe best buy did have to call sprint and verify but that was it.
I believe as long as you dont Start a new 30day trial within the 30day first trial purchase your fine... So if you got the epic the opening day aug31st. you'd have to wait till oct.1st to be able to have another 30day trial on a different phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34