Just in from Sprint:

After extensive investigation, Sprint and Samsung have identified an enhancement that may improve upload speeds on the Epic. This fix will be made available in the next maintenance release.

Get the full story here: Sprint, Samsung prepping update to fix Epic 4G upload speeds
    09-22-2010 05:41 PM
    how about getting 3g to not kill our battery or stall our email/FB when uploading photos
    09-22-2010 05:42 PM
    This is great news!

If they fix this and the GPS quickly, this phone will be nearly perfect!
    09-22-2010 05:47 PM
    cool
    09-22-2010 05:58 PM
    What about the phone's CPU bogging down during 3G uploads?
    09-22-2010 06:13 PM
    So it looks like the new TouchWiz, 3G fix (and maybe GPS fix?) and FroYo might all come in a neat little package. That would be nice
    09-22-2010 06:25 PM
    Very clever to make this announcement (but not actually release any fix) shortly before most user's 30-day return window runs out.

I'm not holding my breath on actually seeing a fix. Fortunately, if this is deliberate throttling, it is also a material breach of the contract, so you can ditch without an ETF when they finally are forced to own up to it.
    09-22-2010 06:35 PM
    Very clever to make this announcement (but not actually release any fix) shortly before most user's 30-day return window runs out.
    Great piont! I'm just glad that they acknowledged the problem, and promised a fix shortly.
    09-22-2010 06:41 PM
    And there was much rejoycing... not that this is really much of an issue for me cause I don't do much uploading, tons of downloading.
    09-22-2010 06:42 PM
    Great that they recognize the issue and working a fix, but releasing with the next maintenance release? Exactly when is the next maintenance release? 1 month, 2 or more?
    09-22-2010 06:44 PM
    Great that they recognize the issue and working a fix, but releasing with the next maintenance release? Exactly when is the next maintenance release? 1 month, 2 or more?
    Well, the first one was just over 2 weeks after release, and that was after about 10 days of testing on Advocate phones.
    09-22-2010 06:46 PM
    See during upload in 3g, cpu usage goes waaa up. For speedtest app, it goes up to 370% on my task manager. Wtf!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 08:29 PM
    Well, the first one was just over 2 weeks after release, and that was after about 10 days of testing on Advocate phones.
    Advocates received their phones for testing after the phone was released to the general public?
    09-22-2010 08:34 PM
    Agree however, that was mainly for the media hub which Samsung was working on for a while! That is bringing them an added revenue source. Fixing issues gains them no addtl revenue.
    09-22-2010 09:20 PM
    Just in from Sprint:

After extensive investigation, Sprint and Samsung have identified an enhancement that may improve upload speeds on the Epic. This fix will be made available in the next maintenance release.

Get the full story here: Sprint, Samsung prepping update to fix Epic 4G upload speeds
    sounds like all those strident troublemakers got a benefit for everyone. too bad some reviews saw this problem and some did not, ehem.

Sprint mods has also announced on their forums that device team is looking into cache problems with the GPS.

Advocates received their phones for testing after the phone was released to the general public?
    no. Although on quite a few Sprint handsets advocates get them after release to the public, advocates got the epic before.

But Andrew is referring to the Epic maintenance update from DG to DI07, whhc was pushed to testing phones, mostly internal employees and advocates , ten days before it was pushed to the general public.
    09-22-2010 10:08 PM

But Andrew is referring to the Epic maintenance update from DG to DI07, whhc was pushed to testing phones, mostly internal employees and advocates , ten days before it was pushed to the general public.
    Correct... that update was available for testing on September 7th-ish (D- I=Septamber 07= day of month)
    09-23-2010 11:48 AM
    yeah the "when" is what i'd like to know too!
    09-23-2010 12:42 PM
    does this fix help improve signal strength and call quality?
    09-23-2010 01:41 PM
    Just in from Sprint:

Where is this news coming from? I am not finding it anywhere among Sprint's press releases.
    09-23-2010 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD