notification sound/ringtone problem

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
problem. before the 107 update my ringtones and notifications played fine. after the update it doesnt. they break off, sound comes distorted, drives me crazy. i reverted back to 27 (like before the last update) and its fine again. does anyone have this problem? any solutions? thanks

belyakov1976

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. Toggle bluetooth on and off and they'll be back to normal. This needs to get fixed, it's very annoying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
turning bluetooth off and on works. Thanks for the tip, was wondering why it started stuttering. Only happened after the DI07 patch.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately after you plug in the phone, the problem reoccurs:( Hopefully they'll nip this in the bud next maintenance release.

Do you have an A2DP capable headset? Charged my phone overnight and the sounds are still smooth, even with bluetooth on and connected. Yesterday I decided to uncheck the Media (Use for media audio) box in the Bluetooth settings for my bluetooth headset to test and it hasn't stuttered since. I think it has something to do with A2DP bogging the phone down after awhile or it's messing with the system sounds. I'll just leave it off unless I actually need A2DP.

belyakov1976

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I do have a a2dp headset, three of them in fact. And I did notice that if you disable streaming, it alleviates the problem, however, I use a2dp a lot to listen to podcasts and audiobooks. I hope they fix this, as it was working before the update

Last edited:

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I do have a a2dp headset, three of them in fact. And I did notice that if you disable streaming, it alleviates the problem, however, I use a2dp a lot to listen to podcasts and audiobooks. I hope they fix this, as it was working before the update

how does one disable a2dp on the epic? thanks

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Bluetooth Settings>click and hold your bluetooth headset and select options. If you dont see Media (Use for media audio) under Profiles then your headset probably doesn't support A2DP. If you know it does then you can try unpairing your headset then pairing it again and see if it fixes it.