Contacts allllll sorts of messed up....

mister2quick

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone for like 2 weeks and I'm trying to find an easy way to make my contacts not looks like someone took a dump in my phone book and then used make-up to make me feel better about it.

I guess my issue is this. I shifted from the Pre and I had all my contacts stored in Google. When the store rep signed me up with this phone, he transferred all my contacts from the pre to this phone, which basically doubled ALLLLLL the contacts in my phone.

Is there an easier way for me to edit contacts (like via a text editor or something) on the phone? Every single time i go to dial someone, it's got 2 entries for the same person, my contact list is littered with my AIM friends, and in everyones contact information there is a little g with a box around it (google i assume) and a phone.

Please let me know if there is an easier way to edit this instead of wasting hours of my life trying to correct everything!

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint Rep had no need to transfer your contacts, if you were using Google for contacts, all you need do is sign into your google account then your contacts would sync.

This was not and Android problem it was a cluster fudge of a noob Sprint Employee.

I suggest you log into your google account. Under contacts chose more actions... "find & Merge duplicates"
That should take care of most of the redundancies.

Last edited:

PoundSand

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint Rep had no need to transfer your contacts, if you were using Google for contacts, all you need do is sign into your google account then your contacts would sync.

This was not and Android problem it was a cluster fudge of a noob Sprint Employee.

the only thing I can think is to do a reset and log back in to your phone with your google account.

problem is, if they imported them into the phone as google contacts, it may have added them as new contacts in google, and signing in will just download the doubled contacts back to the phone (happened on my hero). if that's the case, log into google and delete the duplicates (or let google try to merge the duplicates).

KingOx

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This is an easy fix bro, login to gmail and select all your contacts then click on "more actions" and chose "find and merge duplicates" when you phone syncs with google everything should be in order :) when everything is merged export them just to be safe incase your phone doesnt update correctly then you can delete all your contacts on your phone and reload the save file in google then they should re appear in your phone fixed.

mister2quick

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! I was unaware of the merge contacts option. I always store all my stuff on google, since that is backed up more than my phone (which i should do, I know).

Thank you all for the quick responses! I'll give it a try and report back with any issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49