Will the epic get touchwiz 3.0?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
do you guys think that the epic will get the 3.0 upgrade in the future? I hope so. I would like the samsung music player and the other features that come with touchwiz 3.0.

I heard some rumors that we might get it but I haven't heard anyting definative.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, the epic comes with touchwiz 3.0 though there are slight differences between the various Galaxy S phones (which doesn't make sense to me). You'd think that they would sync all version of touchwiz 3.0 so that on all galaxy s phones, all the same apps and features would be available. Why would you want to support so many versions?

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the epic comes with touchwiz 3.0 though there are slight differences between the various Galaxy S phones (which doesn't make sense to me). You'd think that they would sync all version of touchwiz 3.0 so that on all galaxy s phones, all the same apps and features would be available. Why would you want to support so many versions?

The Epic actually comes with TW 2.5 (not quite the old TW, but not loaded with the same features as the rest of the Galaxy S family on TW 3.0). Samsung and Sprint were having trouble getting all of the features of TW 3.0 to work in landscape mode, a must for a phone with a keyboard, so rather than delay the release any further, they shipped it with 2.5.

I'm hoping we skip 3.0 all together and get a TW 3.X(?) that ships with Froyo.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What feature other then tv out? The only thing I can think of is maybe the music app and t be quite frank I love the one we already have. Its lean and does everything I could ever want or need. Honestly the tv out through 3.5mm is the only thing left out on this phone. Everything else makes the epic run a lot smoother then its other galaxy s brethren.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If anybody's rooted and wants TW3.0, casual864 has made a custom TW launcher that has some of the missing features from the other SGS phones. It's still a work in progress but at least there's an option until/if the official comes out.

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If anybody's rooted and wants TW3.0, casual864 has made a custom TW launcher that has some of the missing features from the other SGS phones. It's still a work in progress but at least there's an option until/if the official comes out.

Do you think that they will find someway to let us use the FM radio thats built into the Epic? I could really use this at my gym.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you think that they will find someway to let us use the FM radio thats built into the Epic? I could really use this at my gym.

A few people are already working on it on SDX and XDA. No go so far, but if we're lucky we'll have fm and tv out one of these days.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk