Cost of Device, opinions?

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Hope all is well. I personally got the epic in hopes that I would be satisfied. First device has a huge yellow hue to it. However, this is a moot point. My question really is -- do you think considering the price point of the other galaxy S phone (T-mobile, 99.00, captivate less, and fascinate 00.01 that the Epic warrants a hefty 250.00 dollar price tag. I would hate to be one of the users on this phone to pay this price point and then months down the line realize this phone was an EPIC fail.

The other carriers are not pushing the phone quite so hard minus t-mobile.

Please let me know what you think. Do any of you contemplate going to get an EVO instead?

Best Regards,
Brian

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, right now I'm not seeing the worth of the extra $50 of this phone over all the other popular phones right now (of course it's the discounted price with a contract blah blah blah)... there are too many bugs and issues and no Froyo at launch and / or in sight (but I have my fingers crossed) to justify paying that extra along with the extra $10 per month they charge us for the awesome media experience whatever. I LOVE my phone and am extremely happy and satisfied with my purchase (read: NO buyer's remorse), and I made my purchase knowing full well what I was getting myself into with the extra $$$, but I'm not feeling that at this point, all the extra was worth it in the long run.

dante501

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
To be honest. I have the EVO and epic and after testing both for a while that's what I personally think. Overall the EVO is better. The epic has so many issues like GPS location screwed up the data download cap. Reception issues. Yes the epic feels faster for 3d gaming but in other things it feels slower and sluggish at times. The EVO all around seems faster besides the 3d gaming but when u root the EVO that seems to get way better the gaming and 3d. Also the email sync and other small problems the epic has just to much. I never thought in the first place that 50 dollars more then the EVO where the right choice. Yes the epic has a bigger memory card and better screen but the EVO screen isn't bad by any means and then again the camera front and back is better on the EVO. I am not gonna compare HTC sense and touchwiz because some people like that one other may like the other one. The EVO is also more the sexy device and my choice over epic even if the epic gets 2.2 it just will be a small step behind the EVO in most things and in some it will be better. Try the EVO maybe u like it better.

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
To be honest. I have the EVO and epic and after testing both for a while that's what I personally think. Overall the EVO is better. The epic has so many issues like GPS location screwed up the data download cap. Reception issues. Yes the epic feels faster for 3d gaming but in other things it feels slower and sluggish at times. The EVO all around seems faster besides the 3d gaming but when u root the EVO that seems to get way better the gaming and 3d. Also the email sync and other small problems the epic has just to much. I never thought in the first place that 50 dollars more then the EVO where the right choice. Yes the epic has a bigger memory card and better screen but the EVO screen isn't bad by any means and then again the camera front and back is better on the EVO. I am not gonna compare HTC sense and touchwiz because some people like that one other may like the other one. The EVO is also more the sexy device and my choice over epic even if the epic gets 2.2 it just will be a small step behind the EVO in most things and in some it will be better. Try the EVO maybe u like it better.

Disagree with some of the stuff dante said. I have both Evo and Epic. My Epic has no GPS problems, no reception issues and no download cap(I think he means upload cap). I like the epic because of its GPU, screen, size and speed(feels better and lighter so more realistic for use, whereas evo felt like a tablet) But I must say that $50 more for this phone isnt really worth it if you dont need a keyboard or a highend gpu. Which one is sexier is a matter of opinion, I think the evo looks better but all my friends think the epic looks better. ITs a great phone and I dont mind paying the 50 extra because it is serving me well so far minus some annoyances. And yes, I will feel jipped if this thing goes on sale for a penny, but then i realize that is only for new customers.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
...do you think considering the price point of the other galaxy S phone (T-mobile, 99.00, captivate less, and fascinate 00.01 that the Epic warrants a hefty 250.00 dollar price tag...
You will be paying about $80 a month for 2 years so you are really paying over $2,000.

What difference does it make what the phone costs?

Would you argue over $2250 to $2200? It is only a 2% difference.

- Craig

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Games play fine on the Evo, so I switched over. What sucks is that the gpu can't be overclocked, but when you have next to smooth gaming on something like Asphalt 5, I guess you can't complain.

I hate to say this as being a supporter of the Epic and being a Samsung mod, but I LOVE MY EVO :)

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Has an announcement in regards to the Epic costing $219.99 at Radioshack not been announced? If so, well the price has been reduced for new activations @ $219.99. Not sure about upgrades, might be the same as well.