Frustrated - Both Mac & PC will not recognize Epic

golden_35

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
When I connect my Epic to my Macbook Pro without debugging checked, the Macbook Pro states "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." and opens a disk repair utility.

If I do check debugging, and mount the SD card, it gives the same error message!!!

Because of these issues, I have not been able to successfully get the computer to communicate with the phone, and thus cannot get PDANet working, nor get a connection to establish the root.

Help!!!

Thanks!

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the same problem but only with my pc running win7. My macbook reconizes it once i mount the drive.

-B

golden_35

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, its very strange. I put it into USB debugging for the mac, plug it in, mount the sd card, then it gives me the error every time.

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure that you are not connecting the device through a hub and use a direct USB port. You might also want to try another USB port on the PC as well. I got mine to connect using a different USB port and turning off debugging mode.

It's definitely finicky.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Like trini said, make sure you're using a direct USB port. Also, make sure to use the USB cable that came with the phone. For whatever reason, that makes a difference for mine

golden_35

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried every port using the supplied usb cable.

The tech at sprint said it may be my mac.

Apparently, the i5 Macbook pros have a different processor in them and may cause issues connecting with peripheral devices.

Suggestions?

ogbetua

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a dual boot laptop running Linux/Windows7. Linux picks up the Epic with no problems, but Windows only sees the phone with usb debugging on. I can see a drive on windows but cannot access it. I am not sure what is going on I am just glad it works perfectly in Linux.

I am getting a new iMac soon and will see how it works with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007