Visit site
Samsung Epic:9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

Fixes:
WiFi standby battery drain
Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
Large emails lag in upload speeds
Increased 3G upload speeds

Update your software
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: S:D700.0.5S.DI18
- This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device. It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18. If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device to DI07. The update from DI07 to DI18 is not yet available to the Service and Repair Centers. As soon as it is, this post will be updated.

I haven't received it on my phone yet.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
can someone tell me what the sleep issue is?!?! is this only referring to wifi usage? or are you talking about when your phone screen turns off and goes into standby?

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah hopefully this addresses sleep... Great that Sprint has been on the ball with this phone so far. I still feel like they treat it secondary to the Evo, but this instills some confidence =].

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Sleep issue: the phone should enter a standby "sleep" mode when the screen is off and there's no apps running like pandora.

Depending on how often you use the phone your awake time should be arond 10-20ish%.

The phone starts out fine then something triggers the phone to remain awake which kills the battery.

You can check this through spare parts by seeing the battery history. It will say what the phone is running at (awake time).

It was thought the drm process or mediahub causes this, but it's not the case. It's something else.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Sleep issue: the phone should enter a standby "sleep" mode when the screen is off and there's no apps running like pandora.

Depending on how often you use the phone your awake time should be arond 10-20ish%.

The phone starts out fine then something triggers the phone to remain awake which kills the battery.

You can check this through spare parts by seeing the battery history. It will say what the phone is running at (awake time).

It was thought the drm process or mediahub causes this, but it's not the case. It's something else.

Yep I used spare parts and it shows time without sleep as 13 hours. Everything closed and airplane mode was on for about 8 hours of that (it was overnight). Some serious issues going on.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is that the COMPLETE list of fixes are is there more within this update? And what does the email lag fix? The OS lag when sending large emails?

Anyone know?

Is my key tone for swype going to come back with this update like it went away with the previous update? lol.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I dl'd spare parts this morning, I don't know what I'm looking at though.
It says:

Running 34.1%
Screen on 19.%
Phone on 5.0%

Nothing about sleep or awake here. I don't use wifi only 3g/4g.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I found it - time without sleeping it say 2hrs and 12min...
my phone has been unplugged for 6 hours and 27minutes though, so I guess it has been "sleeping" the other 4 hours...must be a good thing?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
yeah, have you been using your phone for over 2 hours since unplugged? Like music?

I'd be curious to your awake time later in the day.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
yea mine says time without sleeping as 6 hours b/c it been unplugged for 6 hours, with drm and mediahub closed down

Exactly... same problem. Your phone hasn't slept once. Something is causing it to be awake all the time and it's not DRM or Mediahub. If you reset the phone, it's a temporary fix, but then it will once again be prevented from sleeping.

CozBoogie

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you find that info on Spare parts?
Thanks

Go to Battery History and tap on the bar that says "running".

Mine reports time spent without sleeping as 6d 17h......hmmmmmm. We need to get a fix for this...not a temporary patch...but a true fix from either Samsung or Sprint.

late,
Coz

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine is at 99.1% time without sleeping. I hope this update fixes this too. My phone was running great before the last update, but now I'm lucky to go 8 hours with very little use.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
what about news widgets on your home screens? They keep running right? WOuldn't that explain it?

Also what about the Beautiful Widget? It's got realtime weather updates.. wouldn't that also force the phone not to sleep?

Do we EVEN know what constitutes as sleep mode? Should expect phones to be sleep most of the time when we turn the screen off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12