[How-To] Update to DI18 manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have the file :) and I'm sharing!!!!

1. First, grab this file and place it in the root of your SD card.
2. make sure its named update.zip and nothing else. if its named something else like update1.zip, change it to update.zip
3. turn phone off
4. Hold down camera, volume down and press power.
5. Use volume down to select SDCard: update.zip
6. Press Home on the capacitive buttons to select.
7. Phone should automatically install and reboot.

Upload cap is definitely fixed. You MUST have DI07 installed for this to work.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I applied the update as you stated, and Wow. Very impressive. I got 969 down and 614 up in 3G. Wifi and 4G were both off. I never knew that 3G could go so fast.

IAMKING

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
when i download the file.. its not saving as a folder.. with the yellow folder icon.. its just white. Im know Im not supposed to extract the file.. just download and move to root of SD card.. but its not saving correctly.. any ideas?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
when i download the file.. its not saving as a folder.. with the yellow folder icon.. its just white. Im know Im not supposed to extract the file.. just download and move to root of SD card.. but its not saving correctly.. any ideas?

Its just white on the phone. Looks like 2 pieces of paper. If so, thats fine. Shouldn't look like a folder (on the phone). On the computer, it should look like a zip file.

IAMKING

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the fast reply.. been at this since yetserday with xda files! lol.. no luck.. i download. says download complete>go to my files>open download folder>move to DCIM> and restart? and hold down the 3 buttons dwn vl.cam and power.. then i get an error? i must be doing something wrong

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
ahh maybe i got it.. was placing on dcim like a moron.. installing now.. ! you guys rock on this form!

I was about to say...

root of sdcard = not in any folder

example:
Picture 1 is inside DCIM and on the Sdcard would be:
sdcard/DCIM/Picture 1

This needs to be:
sdcard/update.zip

Reactions: Flash#AC

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
sweet!! instant faster speeds! only took a month, not bad! :)

seems like dl is faster also!

Hey... 1 months is pretty fast to have 3 updates (well 2, one prior to release). I'm definitely happy camper now. The nice thing, google had the keys to this and therefore, no loss of protected apps like the last update.

IAMKING

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
now bring on FROYO!!! that will be a real delicous treat! Sucks for all the complainers that returned their Epics due to the cap! Suckers!!

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
True!

sweet!! instant faster speeds! only took a month, not bad! :)

seems like dl is faster also!

The download and upload speeds are a lot faster on 3g now! I have 2 theories

1. Sprint wanted the 4g speeds to seem even more impressive then they already are.

2. Or Samsung was busy packing so many features into this phone and tweaking the settings for the 4g radio the phone was not optimized for 3g

Regardless internet browsing and streaming on 3g have been stellar even before this update and I dont expect that to change. I think this whole upload speed thing got blown way outta porportion

Vauche90

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Does this only work with rooted devices. i tried and im getting error no such files and installation aborted. followed instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12