New Epic Owner With Some Issues

Ajbent86

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I am a proud new Epic 4G owner as of two days ago. First, I must say the phone is amazing! The screen and speed of the device is top notch!

However, I am running into a few small issues (I hope software related):

1.) When charging the phone, it will say charging complete. But, when I unplug the device it IMMEDITALY goes to 98% battery. Why is my device not charging the entire way? I left it on the charge an extra 3 hours after the LED turned blue and it still only charged to 98%.

2.) I have my device connected to a corporate exchange server with push notification. When the 3G icon gets the small "D" under it, My push notifications do not work until I use something that activates the data connection again.

Any advice for these? I am still in the 30 day window for exchange, but these two issues don?t sound hardware related to me.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I am a proud new Epic 4G owner as of two days ago. First, I must say the phone is amazing! The screen and speed of the device is top notch!

However, I am running into a few small issues (I hope software related):

1.) When charging the phone, it will say charging complete. But, when I unplug the device it IMMEDITALY goes to 98% battery. Why is my device not charging the entire way? I left it on the charge an extra 3 hours after the LED turned blue and it still only charged to 98%.

2.) I have my device connected to a corporate exchange server with push notification. When the 3G icon gets the small "D" under it, My push notifications do not work until I use something that activates the data connection again.

Any advice for these? I am still in the 30 day window for exchange, but these two issues don?t sound hardware related to me.

1) Happens for some people... Do you have DI18? That seemed to have fix the issue for some.
2) Dunno, never used exchange. Might want to dive into network settings and make sure your data connection is always on?

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I use Exchange and after the first initial load (took some time) I haven't had any issues. Typically my phone gets emails about 2 seconds before my laptop does.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I used to unplug mine once fully charged and it would say 94% I bump charged (didn't complete it since It went on for too long to keep doing it before it immedienly would show charge) but it got me up to 98/97% when done charging. You can try bump charging but I would be satisfied with 98% in your case, been reports of alot worse.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Taken from: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/24361-what-bump-charging-seido-3500-a.html

Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.

FallNAngel

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think there's a problem more between when the software thinks the battery is full and when it actually *is* full. I haven't had a problem with charging the phone overnight; only when I pull it off the charger as soon as it's done charging.