Disable Battery Popup?

Dulanic

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Is there any way to get rid of that stupid as hell message saying battery full please unplug? It makes noise half the darn night when I am sleeping and it makes me want to throw it out a window lol. If I don't my wife will! I have searched and searched and not found anything for the epic.

Last edited:

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
check one of the other galaxy s forums.. forgot which one. there's a hidden service menu that lets you disable it. i think it started abotu a week ago. maybe the verizon facinate? you have to enable debug mode i think

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's how it's done on the Fascinate. Not sure if it's the same on the Epic or not. Go to the phone dialer screen and punch in *#3844228#

A screen should display where you can disable the battery popup.

popper668

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
*#3844228# does not work on mine. just used the code on buddies Fasinate and works great but no dice on Epic

Last edited:

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i'm pretty sure you have to get into some kind of debug mode before you use that code... Cory do you know the thread i was looking for?

Tedcas

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The pop-up bugs the heck out of me, it also keeps my screen on all night. I tried those code and they didn't work for me.
I don't want to call Sprint to fish around for my MSL code. I'm new to Android is there a tool I can use to extract it?
thx...

Last edited:

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The pop-up bugs the heck out of me, it also keeps my screen on all night. I tried those code and they didn't work for me.
I don't want to call Sprint to fish around for my MSL code. I'm new to Android is there a toll I can use to extract it?
thx...

The pop up does not turn the screen on.

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The pop up does not turn the screen on.

The popup will turn the screen on shortly to display that it is done charging and should turn off again but if you are like me and use alarm clock plus then its special home screen and screensaver will then stay on with the popup displayed the whole time. I wouldn't mind if it poped up and dismissed itself after a short while but it does not so this does turn into a minor aggravation, its silly to dismiss my alarm every morning and then find this hiding behind it.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It really sucks when you want to keep it on the nightstand dock and in the middle of every night, the phone buzzes and the screen lights up the room. This should be easy to disable. Who's stupid idea was it Sprint or Samsung? I want to know who to complain to!

jjthe2

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After some tinkering it appears you can change /sys/devices/platform/sec-battery/power_supply/battery/full_notify

If the value is always 0, then the popup never happens but the blue led still comes on. This file is constantly overwritten as the battery status is checked, but if you change the permissions to read-only it will prevent the pop up (obviously requires root). The bad news is that the permissions are changed back after a reboot, so this approach would require a script or something to change it every time.

Reactions: popper668

oldarney

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the phone as an alarm and night clock... the pop up comes up and blocks my screen! Im on a Vibrant. Non of those codes work for me either...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995