I was just reading about it on CNET. Sound cool, I hope we get it.

Customize your Android device with Sprint ID | CTIA 2010 - CNET Reviews
    10-06-2010 05:48 PM
    From reading the transform hands on by engadget, it would seem it's for all of their android phones.
    10-06-2010 06:02 PM
    After watching the video, I can't see why I would want Sprint ID. Looks like another layer of clutter to me, and I am quite capable of searching out and downloading my apps and widgets a la carte. I don't need some marketing dweeb at the carrier defining and packaging my "experience" for me.
    10-06-2010 06:24 PM
    After watching the video, I can't see why I would want Sprint ID. Looks like another layer of clutter to me, and I am quite capable of searching out and downloading my apps and widgets a la carte. I don't need some marketing dweeb at the carrier defining and packaging my "experience" for me.
    That's not the impression I got at all of what it is all about from reading the article, it implied it will give you more enhanced customization options...maybe I need to watch the vid.
    10-06-2010 08:32 PM
    +1 I couldn't agree more
    10-06-2010 08:47 PM
    Aren't most of trying to stay away from the factory loaded bloatware? If it is something I can uninstall without rooting I am all for it. If it will be embedded into the os it more then likely will be something I can live without!
    10-06-2010 09:32 PM
    Another plus is for those that don't really get the customizing thing. Not all android owners hang out on forums and really get into the OS. This allows those people to do "package" customization where they might not do anything at all otherwise.
    10-06-2010 10:00 PM
    I don't have a preference one way or another (I think it could be good for the less advanced user, but not likely to be something these boards would like).

My only concern would be that it adds another layer that causes delays with updates. We already have to wait for the manufacturer to update their skin before Android updates sre released and if we now have to wait for both the manufacturer and now the carrier to update their skin then I would be ADAMANTLY opposed to adding this extra layer, no matter how useful it is for the less advanced user.
    10-06-2010 11:25 PM
    It's basically just bloatware that downloads a prescribed set of apps and a wallpaper ect. Lets hope it's not as deeply embedded into the Android OS as HTC Sense or Touch Wiz.
    10-07-2010 09:08 PM
    If you have to download it, how would it be embedded? The point is you don't have to have the bloatware if you don't want it.
    It's basically just bloatware that downloads a prescribed set of apps and a wallpaper ect. Lets hope it's not as deeply embedded into the Android OS as HTC Sense or Touch Wiz.
    10-07-2010 10:59 PM
    If you have to download it, how would it be embedded? The point is you don't have to have the bloatware if you don't want it.
    All except the Sprint ID guaranteed it is embedded into the phone with plenty of Bloatware..
    I find it annoying that Sprint sticks that Nascar apps on every smart phone device they can, it was on the Pre and I had to install a patch to hide it.

Android wont let me delete it and I will NEVER use it. I prefer stock but I know any phone with sprint ID will have Sprints embedded bloatware Nascar and all.

No thank you!
    10-08-2010 12:47 AM
    um, you can delete the sprint app with root...
    10-08-2010 02:33 AM
    All except the Sprint ID guaranteed it is embedded into the phone with plenty of Bloatware..
    I find it annoying that Sprint sticks that Nascar apps on every smart phone device they can, it was on the Pre and I had to install a patch to hide it.

Android wont let me delete it and I will NEVER use it. I prefer stock but I know any phone with sprint ID will have Sprints embedded bloatware Nascar and all.

No thank you!
    The Nascar app is like 290KB. how is that bloatware? I swear people complain for the dumbest things. if you don't like the app just don't use it. There are many people that use it.
    10-08-2010 09:22 AM
    I don't think this is for you. It is for the inexperienced user (read: my wife). I have done all the installations, customization, etc. to her phone as she doesn't like (or want) to go into the marketplace, etc. to customize her phone. If she could have different IDs on the phone to switch back and forth I think that would make her Android experience better (and isn't that what it is all about?).

However, even for techies -- I am an employee of a very large tech company. Current the only access provided to our intranet is through blackberries (yuck!). They are currently piloting iPhone and Android access. Obviously the biggest thing holding iPhone and Android back is security. If they could develop and ID that would enhance the security as well as add their specific apps while that ID is in efffect it would be awesome!!
    10-08-2010 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD