Twitter session expired

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Is this happening to anyone else? The I guess built in twitter that syncs with the contacts app keeps expiring.
If I go to settings - accounts and sync it keeps saying there was a sync error. And "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

Also when I go into contacts and click on some and go to activity twitter doesn't show up.. just facebook stuff.

I don't what the problem is but it didn't used to do this.. maybe the last update..?

yellowxboy

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
welcome to the club. i kept getting the notification every 5 minutes saying that i needed to re-enter my password because the session expired. every 5 minutes! the sync would fail as well. So i got so annoyed that i removed that twitter sync account.

this is my very first android phone so idk if this is normal or not but i have 2 facebook sync accounts and 2 twitter. 1 facebook account seems to be for the widget on my homescreen and the other facebook sync account is for the address book. Same thing with the twitter. Is that normal?

** if that above post seemed too confusing.. **

If you try to add a new account to your Epic (settings > account and sync), it gives you 3 options: Facebook Twitter or Myspace .. but then right below, it gives you Corporate Google Facebook Twitter (but the facebook and twitter icons are different looking)

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the 2 facebook ones you have but I have the 2 twitters. The one with the blue box around it is the built in one I'm pretty sure and just the "t" is the official twitter app I have installed. Maybe you have a different facebook app you downloaded?

an0th3r1

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same "Twitter Session Expired" issues. I removed the twitter sync account and re-synced but I keep getting the same message.

BTW...this is my first post on here!

IAMKING

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same "Twitter Session Expired" issues. I removed the twitter sync account and re-synced but I keep getting the same message.

BTW...this is my first post on here!

Ditto..

its quite annoying.. This started happening like last Thursday.. wont hold the session and it will syce half way through.. but then results with an error..

any ideas guys on a fix? would hate to remvoe a cool feature.. i like the pics and feed it adds..

jiffy

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been noticing the sync errors since getting the DI18 update. Definitely annoying to have to relogin. The duplicate Facebook/twitter accounts are definitely because of the standalone apps in addition to the built in accounts. I don't seem to ever have a problem with the standalone apps, but notice that the "feeds and updates" Samsung widget always blanks out with the sync error.

morettiman

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It's a real drag. Having the same issue with both Twitter and Facebook. Must be an issue with the new build. We shouldn't have to add or redo anything with our accounts. Hopefully they will come out with a fix soon. It is REALLY annoying!

acacia

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
still no solution???
i just got the same issue.. im wondering how i can get this problem out?
and also my facebook account says the same thing.
"facebook session expired"

help please.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with Twitter sync only.. So I removed that Twitter sync account and now use Pure Messenger Widget and I actually like it ALOT better than Samsungs bright pinkish Social widget as I can comment/reply to all SMS/Twitter/Facebook/Email ... I have it taking up one full page and love it.

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
This problem went away for a couple months but now is back. Both facebook and twitter keep expiring not just twitter. And now it won't let me log in at all a lot of the time.... %$*&ing annoying

TheLyricist28

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've Just Started Having This Problem Today. The "Sync Contacts Experiencing Problems" Is A Constant Irritant! & I've Changed Passwords 3, Count 'Em, 3 Times & I'm Now Locked Out & Being Told To Chillax For A Few. I Hate This Situation! Will They Fix It, Please?!