epic random reboot

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
has anyone had their Epic randomly reboot? I had this happen while on a phone call, while the phone is just sitting there unattended, sometimes while browsing. any ideas what might be causing this? Any suggestions on how to fix?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After having my Epic for about 6 weeks this happened to me twice yesterday also. I assume it has to do with newly installed apps. If you have installed anything new recently it is probably best to uninstall it and then see if the problem goes away.

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the problem of reboots and finding my phone powered off. I turned it back on one day and set it on my desk, and wht do you know.. reboot.

It was the battery. I have had to take it out twice now to reseat it and its good for awhile. Try taking out the battery, cleaning it and reseating it.

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
now that u mention it, on top of the reboot issue i have also witnessed the phone go into a weird state where the physical keys are lit up, but the screen will be all blacked out. i have to resort to a battery pull when this happens. this phone has given me more issues than my wife's evo. neither device is rooted, in case you are wondering.

crash_pr

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine reboots on the holster, i've identifided that when is on the holster vol+ Camera power bottons get pressed... sometimes it boots to recovery moden:(

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
now that u mention it, on top of the reboot issue i have also witnessed the phone go into a weird state where the physical keys are lit up, but the screen will be all blacked out. i have to resort to a battery pull when this happens. this phone has given me more issues than my wife's evo. neither device is rooted, in case you are wondering.

I've had that happen to me too. As well as a couple random rebooted. Twice yesterday in a very very poor signal area where device may have been switching in and out of roaming mode.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see a random reboot, but did have one occurence of the phone acting odd. It started when SMS popup kept showing as a running application, when it normally does not. I did not think much of it. I put the phone on the charge and went to sleep. Woke up and the blue light was on showing a full charge, I picked up the phone and it was HOT i mean really hot. I disconnected the cable and the battery dropped down to 46 percent. I shut it down and pulled the battery to inspect it but saw no problems. Since then it has not happened again, just thought it odd.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing it shortly after rooted. Hasn't done it yet since I did a complete restore using Odin (I need to take it in to get the speakerphone replaced).

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
yesterday on the advice of a few others, i decided to delete a few of the apps that i recently installed and i have not seen a reboot in 22 hours (where i was seeing about every 4 to 5 hours before). Perhaps it was a rogue app after all. @fareal - funny you mention that, i was actually at my inlaws house where there was no sprint coverage when the rebooting really started acting up. FYI- the app i think might have been the cause was Lookout

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing it shortly after rooted. Hasn't done it yet since I did a complete restore using Odin (I need to take it in to get the speakerphone replaced).

i learned my lesson on rooting, not for noobs! i bricked an evo thinking rooting would be similar to loading beta OS on my blackberry...i was wrong :(

gambit972

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen to me too. As well as a couple random rebooted. Twice yesterday in a very very poor signal area where device may have been switching in and out of roaming mode.

Hey all,

This has actually happened to me before as well. The bottom lights woulf be on but the screen blank. I would play around wit the bottom buttons and the phone would reset. This would happen over and over until the phone reset. Sometimes the touchscreen would stop working as well. Eventually my touchscreen broke and I sent this problem in to samsung. All they did was replace my touchscreen and reset the settings.... today 4 days after the return. That reset issue happened to me again. Do you guys really think this is an app issue? And has anyone else encountered similar problems?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1