36% after an all night charge??? WTF???

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
so...while i do know that we will get the best, ultimate charge with our phones off, i am unable to do this as i use the phones alarm clock, but....how is it that i had my phone on the charger from at least 10pm until 6:40am this morning only to find that i had 36% showing on my battery meter??? yes, the phone was plugged in correctly and the blue led indicator thingy was lit indicating that the phone was fully charged....instead of charging all night, it appears my phone was dis-charging....what is going on? i've noticed this in the past but the % was never as low as 36%! it is now sitting on my desk charging and reads 42% ;-( while i remain madly in love with the general concept and aspects of my epic, THE BATTERY BLOWS BIG TIME!!!

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Was your phone hot as hell too? This happened to me once, left it charging overnight, woke up it said charged, was very hot, unplugged charger and it dropped to 46%. I reseated the battery and pulled and re plugged the charger and it hasn't happened since.

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i had this problem after the recent update. it was weird - phone was in my car charging, i was hovering around 45%. installed the update, then all of a sudden i had a 85% charge after that. Then when i unplugged my phone from the charger, it dropped to 22%. i reseated the battery and it jumped back up to about 50%. this has happened a couple of times but as of the last 10 days, it's been ok, but i'm still getting weird battery readings. even after a complete drain and recharge.

phone's great, but the battery readings suck the unmentionable.

:D

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
lmao @ =====> phone's great, but the battery readings suck the unmentionable.

hi guys, how can i tell if i actually INSTALLED the update? my son has been doing some stuff w/ my phone and i dunno if this was one of those 'stuffs'...lol!

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Menu>settings>About Phone Then look at baseband version, if it says DI18 at the end, you have the updated, anything else you do not.

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
I've gotten into the practice every week or so of power cycling my phone.

A rogue app or process (in one case I think I had a bad live wallpaper) could keep the phone awake or burn CPU (which might present as a hot battery). A power off/on might just help clear out cruft/clutter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech