Viewing shared calendars

nostradukemas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got an Epic, and we're trying to share each others' Google Calendars, but I can't figure out how to get my calendar to show up on her phone.

For example, on my EVO, I can go to a calendars option and select her calendar, and it will show up on my phone the same way my calendar does.

I can't find that option on her phone. Is this possible and I'm just missing something?

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
pretty sure you first have to go online to set up both of them to be shared, so maybe hers is shared with yours but you havent gone in and set yours to be shared with hers. sounds like it to me

Reactions: nostradukemas

nostradukemas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
pretty sure you first have to go online to set up both of them to be shared, so maybe hers is shared with yours but you havent gone in and set yours to be shared with hers. sounds like it to me

I thought that last night, and just double checked it. My calendar shows up in hers on the desktop version of Google Calendar.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
After you've confirmed that she can manage and vice verse, go back into calendars (Calendar->Menu->Calendars) and see if it's listed. Eventually it will be there (this may take a little while, I've discovered 1 hour to 1 day).

Then make sure it's checked, and menu->calendar sync. You should have your wife's calendar (and any other shared calendars).

nostradukemas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After you've confirmed that she can manage and vice verse, go back into calendars (Calendar->Menu->Calendars) and see if it's listed. Eventually it will be there (this may take a little while, I've discovered 1 hour to 1 day).

Then make sure it's checked, and menu->calendar sync. You should have your wife's calendar (and any other shared calendars).

I've checked, and she has permission to manage/make changes to my calendar. However, my calendar still isn't showing up on her phone. I'll check it again in the morning and report back.

Any suggestions of things to try until then?

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem. On her desktop set her calendar up so she is viewing all her calendars including yours. Not just the sharing setup but so she is actually viewing them. Then go to her phone and clear the calendar storage data (home screen - settings - applications - manage applications - filter to show all - calendar storage - clear data). Then go to account and sync and toggle the calendar sync off and on again. Wait for it to sync. Then check if your calendar is available to select.

Reactions: nostradukemas

nostradukemas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem. On her desktop set her calendar up so she is viewing all her calendars including yours. Not just the sharing setup but so she is actually viewing them. Then go to her phone and clear the calendar storage data (home screen - settings - applications - manage applications - filter to show all - calendar storage - clear data). Then go to account and sync and toggle the calendar sync off and on again. Wait for it to sync. Then check if your calendar is available to select.

This ended up working! Thanks everyone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon