Question on returning an Epic 4g at Radio Shack

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has and EVO and loves it, I must say that I like it a lot too....but I would like to go with the Epic 4g.

Thus my question. I have seen a lot of issues on this forum with Epics and problems that people have had (yes, I know you see lots of issues on the EVO forum too ;) ).

If I choose to go with the Epic 4g from Radio Shack (saving the $30 and no mail in rebate) and within the 30 days decide that it is not for me and I would like to go with an EVO do I take it back to Radio Shack to make the exchange, or would this be done at a Sprint store?

Anyone return an Epic at Radio Shack for the EVO (or vice-versa) who can give me some lessons from experience?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You need do returns or exchanges wherever you buy the phone from. Whether it be Radio Shack, Bestbuy, wirefly.com. I've had great experience from Radio Shack when the Evo came out launch. I only wanted to try it first so I signed up for a new account. After 29 days I returned it to Radio Shack and I got all my charges back from them for the purchase of the phone. Plus no restocking fee. They just asked why and I told them I didnt like it. That was it. No hassle.

Last edited:

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I thougt you only had 15 days to decide? Maybe the 30 days is for new customers or it varies from state to state?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My wife has and EVO and loves it, I must say that I like it a lot too....but I would like to go with the Epic 4g.

Thus my question. I have seen a lot of issues on this forum with Epics and problems that people have had (yes, I know you see lots of issues on the EVO forum too ;) ).

If I choose to go with the Epic 4g from Radio Shack (saving the $30 and no mail in rebate) and within the 30 days decide that it is not for me and I would like to go with an EVO do I take it back to Radio Shack to make the exchange, or would this be done at a Sprint store?

Anyone return an Epic at Radio Shack for the EVO (or vice-versa) who can give me some lessons from experience?

Also make sure that if you decide to exchange the Epic for the Evo, you call RS first and make sure they have Evos in stock. Last thing you want to happen is for you to be at the end of your 30 days, you walk in to do the exchange, but no Evos are in stock and you end up returning the Epic and walking out without any phone.

Darklite

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a retail salesman. (Former RadioShack Employee)The thing with RadioShack, is that the associate works on commission(minimun wage plus commission). And returning a phone at RS hurts the person's paycheck (family, bills, this job doesnt pay enough...lol) and also hurts that store because radioshack has a quota to meet each month. I always consider that you'll know if you like the phone or not within 2 weeks. And it was upsetting to have a phone return just one day before the 30 days.
In all good nature, calling to make sure an EVO is in stock to exchange the Epic for an Evo is very considerate on a person level.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae