Would Sprint treat Caller's MobilePhone->GVoice->MySprintPhone call as mobile2mobile?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I use my google voice number extensively and have set it up to show the actual number of the caller as caller-id on my forwarded phones. What I am curious is what is gonna happen when someone calls my google voice number from his/her mobile phone?? Of course, the call is gonna go to Google server/exchange first and google is going to forward that call to my Sprint phone. So would Sprint look at the caller id of the number and automatically determine it is a mobile-to-mobile call and not deduct the minutes OR they would know it is coming from Google's servers and deduct my minutes?? Essentially what I am asking is does Sprint use caller-id number to determine if a specific incoming call is mobile-to-mobile or they have other ways to know that caller id number is a mobile number but call is coming from elsewhere??

I just have 450 minutes and if even incoming google voice calls from mobile phones are going to be treated as landline calls at Sprint, then I better start giving out my Sprint number to people instead of GV number.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You can do 2 things.

- yes as long as it shows as mobile number you are good. as long as they are calling from mobile number.

- you can also email or call *2 customer service and see if you can get the add 3 numbers for unlimited calling and add your GV as a number.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
So far all calls made too my phone from mobile numbers, and all calls made from my phone to mobile numbers have all been m2m and i use GV for everything.

sanman

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I use gv in exactly this scenario and incoming calls from mobile numbers are treated as m2m. I also have the 3 numbers (not free but $5/mo) and gv is one of my numbers. That way I can use option 2 to make free calls.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So far all calls made too my phone from mobile numbers, and all calls made from my phone to mobile numbers have all been m2m and i use GV for everything.

Really??? How are you getting the outgoing calls to mobile phones as m2m?? I thought gv was calling you back and connecting you when we use "call using google voice"...

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Can't one just look at their bill and determine that? Keep track of a few calls made and received with your gv number (note date and time) and then cross reference on your bill? Seems simple to figure it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance