How do I make contact GROUPS?

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I make contact GROUPS? Before I exchanged my Epic for another one, (it had a 4G issue), I could make groups in my contacts and add people to them. Now with my new Epic, when I select the groups tab, I see 2 things: "Phone: vnd.sec.contac.phone" and "Google: (my gmail address)". If I select the Phone one, I just see a list of all my contacts, if I select the Google one I see all the groups I created on the website, but neither will allow me to add new ones...Apparently the only way I can create or add people to groups is via the google web site...is this right?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
the Phone one should let you add a new group. once you select the Phone one, click on the menu button and you should get a create option.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's there for me, non rooted and using stock touchwiz and contacts. One more time, from main home screen touch Contacts. Select the Groups tab, select Phone from list. For me, since I already have existing phone groups, I'm presented with a list of groups. At this point, touch the main Menu capacitive button to get options to Create or Delete.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, but that does not work for me. If I select Phone I see all my contacts, but the Menu button does not open anything. When I select Google, I see my Google groups but the menu button doesn't do anything there...then I select one of the google groups and the menu button opens a "Send Message" option only. No create.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's the fix. You have to factory reset the phone. It was caused by importing my contacts file from my SD card...better to save only to Google. Now my Groups are restored, but if you want to add people to them you must create those contacts again only save them to the phone instead of google (you will have 2 copies of the same numbers for those people, but at least you can make group mailings from your phone).

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
no the problem is hes trying to create groups in the "google" section of his contact groups.
you can only make new groups in the "phone" section of your groups.
otherwise your gonna have to go onto google and control your groups from there

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Shaundizzle, you don't understand the actual problem. I WAS trying to create groups in the "phone" section, but the "family" "friends" etc, groups were gone and replaced by INDIVIDUAL contacts (i Had imported my contacts from a VCD file on my SD card rather than synching with Google) so I could not create any new groups nor did I have any to edit. This was only fixable by resetting the phone and starting over with a new "vnd.sec.contac.phone" file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae