Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

sbryant66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been a lurker at Android Central with the Hero since I was one of the 1st to get it last year. I was going to root and try some tasty ROMs, but the Epic called to me. That Super Amoled screen hooked me and the 4G sealed the deal. The Hero is going to my wife who is not as demanding. It should be fine for her.

This site and forums have been a Godsend to me, solving problems without having to sit on the phone with Sprint support. The Epic has been great, except for the Bluetooth seizing control of the microphone. I had been able to use the Google Search to dial my contacts, with my Hero connected to the Satechi SoundFly BT; but not with my Epic. A small issue I can live with. Maybe this will be fixed in the Samsung modified Froyo (2.2).

Steve

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome guys!

@Mike F.
Let us know if we can be of any help.

@sbryant66
Good to see you went from voyeur to poster ;)

@izzydead
Me too! I had a Tour and came over here when I got my Epic.

travel2usoon

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm just in here. I have been spending most of my time over at PPCGeeks with custom roms for my Touch Pro 2. I never thought after my old Instinct I would ever buy another Samsung phone but after my second refurbed replacement for the TP2 was bad out of the box, I switched to the Epic.

Wow is all I can say. I feel like I have been in the dark ages and i loved my TP2. The keyboard, the speed, the apps and widgets... so much to learn here for me. I hope to be a sponge. I am planning to wait on rooting until 2.2 is out...well, that's the plan now.

I'm basically low tech with high aspirations.

travel2usoon

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea. That's why my other choice was the evo. It just seems more solid. Its such a tough decision.

-- Sent from my Palm Pr

I've read here and in reviews how cheap and plastic like the Epic feels. I don't get that with mine. The back cover is really thin but after using it instead of my TP2 I like how easy it pops off. That is what broke on my touch pro after too my removals. I think they wanted the phone to be lighter....and it is. The back plate feel is very nice as is the speed, screen and keyboard. I don't game but use it for business.

It's one of those things...everyone has their requirements and preferences. The EVO and Epic are both great and if with Sprint, you can't go wrong with either.

rcollins001

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am the owner of a Palm Pre HTC EVO and the Samsung Epic, I have the Palm and the EVO my wife has the Epic. She like the Epic for the keyboard and she says the display is better. I like the EVO because of screen size and I like HTC phones better than Samsung. However I cannot get rid of the Pre I have had it since the very first day. I have updated clocked and everything else to it. I know it has a small screen but I can not get rid of it. Each day I check for updates.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
My name's Robbie. I switched from my Samsung Moment (first Android device) to this beastly thing. This is QUITE an upgrade over the latter. I have a FAR more superior battery, speedy system, and blahblah. The notification LED is nice too, and the screen is a very noticeable step up from the AMOLED Moment's.

I've been a part of this community for a while, and would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that helped me when I first started with my Moment, and a thanks in advance to those that could possibly end up helping me with my shiny new Epic :) . Thanks mods and admins for giving us such a great community!

Zack420

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey, what's up. So you probably already guessed that i am new, if not... i am sorry but you might be mentally unfit. Anyways, so i have been messing around with my new epic4g, you know the fun stuff; emulators, app, settings. So i thought i will give this place a go and see what's it about, and if it can be any use to me. By the way my real name is Zack.

Anyways, its nice to meet ya all and i hope we can chill in the future.

Peace

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Palm Pre switcher here, it was my first smart phone and will always be remembered. The only problem is my epic is making it fade in to my memories. This phone is awesome.

bypod

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the good time, Pre...

Just dumped my Pre last week. Still am missing gestures and navigating without so many darn taps and clicks... but the epic is a wonderful phone. Currently reading up on rooting so I can get some tether use. Still thinking I might wait til after Froyo becomes available before plunging. The pre spoiled me with the ease of using homebrew, especially govnah and overclocked kernels. It feels like rooting the epic will be a bit more work than that! ;) A nod to the awesome community at precentral. I'm sure the group here is equally as helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks in advance!

eck74

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just changed carriers to Sprint and picked up the Epic. I had the Hero through a local carrier that I couldnt root, so I am looking forward to being able to do that on this one.

Love the Android, I'm sure you guys will be more than willing to help with any questions.

rgemmell

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Problems less then a month in??

Got rid of my Palm Pre a month ago, got this EPIC phone!!! Still a noob to this android stuff, how do you chance the icons, im not liking the childish layout (touchwiz?)

Any way, yesterday im at work taking an important phone call, and the light up button all the way to the left started tweaking out (MENU or OPTIONS?) , it kept popping up when i did not hit it. Called sprint and they said it might have been a defective phone... has this happened to any one else?

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm jbuggydroid and I've been in the android world since the release of the htc hero and I'm loving android!!!! Got an epic on the first day.also got my wife one too, it was her bday and first android phone. Needless to say android got me into checking out linux and open source.

Side note: for some reason my ip address for my phone got marked for spam making it so I can't comment anymore, don't know why and I did not spam at all, and was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i think im late. but my name is shaun.

i had an iphone 3gs. i have been wanting an android phone for a while it was just never the right time.
until august 31st. i got it the day it came out knowing itd be a winner

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Another Palm Pre user who needed apps that aren't being supported in WebOS. A shame, as WebOS is a great user experience. That being said, I can't wait for my Epic to arrive tomorrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21