Frequent random resets and stuck in landscape

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
My Epic resets itself at least once per day, and gets stuck in landscape mode every so often, the only (temporary) solution being to slide out the keyboard and slide it back in. Has anyone else been having either of these problems?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My Epic resets itself at least once per day, and gets stuck in landscape mode every so often, the only (temporary) solution being to slide out the keyboard and slide it back in. Has anyone else been having either of these problems?

Are you using a task killer?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If your situation is that bad and if you don't have the means to diagnose the problem, a hard reset might be in order.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Your not alone mines has been acting up since this "update" i have the same issue, and to add my phone is turned on yet I call my phoneit goes straight to voicemail and no ext would go thru yet I had full coverage! Weird huh? So idk what's goin on with this thing they need to release froyo already

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Your not alone mines has been acting up since this "update" i have the same issue, and to add my phone is turned on yet I call my phoneit goes straight to voicemail and no ext would go thru yet I had full coverage! Weird huh? So idk what's goin on with this thing they need to release froyo already

That's what I'm waiting for, bipoler. Until then, guess I'll just "stick it out". A hard reset will require too much work for the potential offset benefit.

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
i would get random resets (up to 3 or 4 per day), i did a hard reset just to see if it helped. it seemed to help, but i still see it reset itself once and while (maybe once every few days).

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I get that when I use slacker radio. I deleted slacker. Don't get that issue anymore with getting stuck in landscape. I get a random reboot now and then if I turn off bluetooth before I disconnect from the device.

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the only time it gets stuck in landscape is after it has reset itself. It doesn't get stuck right away... seems there's a catalyst to first put it in landscape mode, such as the gyro or a landscape app. After that, it insists on staying on landscape orientation, unless I pull/push the keyboard back in, but then it goes back to landscape again after the next catalyst.

jngai

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with both random reboot and stuck in landscape mode. I thought it was the Tasker profile to key the phone on while the keyboard is slid out, so I deleted it. I don't think that was the cause.

As for the random reboot, I still have it and just had one this morning. I wish there's some way to find out why the phone randomly reboots (like a log file, although that is a pain in itself). I had ACast running and then the phone will reboot out of nowhere.

I wonder is there a way to reset the gryo sensor. Maybe that's the cause of the stuck landscape?

jngai

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
FYI, if you are rooted, use quick boot to reboot your phone w/o having to go through the shutdown/startup process to fix the stuck landscape issue. That's my only way to solve this issue right now.

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I took it to the Sprint store about this problem, and they ran a series of tests and said there is a system defect. They are doing a phone swap.

KarlKRN

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

If your Android is stuck in the landscape position, it may be that G-Sensor calibration may be off as it was in the case of my new MyTouch 4G.

1. go to your homepage
2. hit your menu button
3. hit settings
4. hit display
5. hit G-Sensor
6. place your device on a known level surface and hit calibrate
7. hit ok

Your device should be working normally now.
Hope that helps,
Karl:)