DLNA stream steps

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
maybe this has already been posted before.. but I just discovered it today.

I know the Epic has DLNA streaming features.. never did I know that my PS3 and PC were already setup for this. If you have a PC setup to allow content to be streamed to your PS3, then you should be able to stream media from Epic to your PS3 and stream media from your PC to your Epic, via the allShare app.

To get your PC setup to allow this, follow these steps YouTube - Stream media to PS3 with Windows Media Player 12 & Windows 7

As I type this, I'm streaming mp3 from my epic to my home theater and flipping thru pictures I've taken with the Epic on my Plasma.. VERY COOL. This is like the first piece of technology that has these cool features working out of the box without much tinkering.

rangers28

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I stumbled on this a week ago, and tried it on my PS3, and it does work!! While the feature is pretty awesome, and the pictures show up great, the movies I tried streaming played very choppy, almost as if I was streaming a video online and it was buffering. It seemed that pausing the movie for a few seconds helped, but it would just pause again.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Do you need to let it pause for a while and let it play?

Also, is there a movie file type, or some kind of setting that would let my movies look okay on my 42" plasma? While the movies do play, the picture quality is awful...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how the phone works if it buffers but I know on my xbox you need to let it buffer. Over wifi its not so great picture. Depending on what wifi router you use. mine sucks.

It's the same as streaming from the internet for the most part. You gotta send the data through the same system.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Also the movie has to be the right resolution. I make 800x480 videos for my phone. They look great on the phone but suck on my 26 in tv. Fyi.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
one thing that's annoying is that when viewing the pics thru ps3, the folder structure on the SD card doesn't show up in PS3.. everything is in one big *** folder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance