How to Enable Permanent Red Notifications LED

o_swas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I just got a new EVO and my wife got a new Epic. We've noticed that when I send her a text message, the Epic will vibrate and buzz. The red LED notification light will flash 6 times, and then stop flashing. If I press the power button on the side to light up the screen the red LED will start blinking again. If I don't read the message and press the power button again to turn off the screen, the LED will again flash 6 times and then stop flashing.

On my EVO, the green LED keeps flashing until I've read the message.

Is there a way to make the Epic continue to flash the red LED as long as there is an unread message? Otherwise, if my wife doesn't hear/feel the phone buzz, she won't know there's an unread message.

Thanks!!!

-Ryan

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I really haven't noticed whether or not this happens. It seems it's on all the time til I read the message. Then again I have my phone on me alot

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is fixable at the moment. You could look up some of the ROM alerts that we posted to see if anyone addresses this issue, but so far, everyone I know has had this issue.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

jjthe2

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is strange, I'm 90% sure that DG27 fixed this issue (there is another thread somewhere about it), it seems like DI18 re-broke it.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Found it. SCI setting is in ##3282# menu, hit advanced... type in MSL.

keep pressing enter til you get to SCI - put whatever number you want in box. Hit the OK button. Reboot. Done.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Found it. SCI setting is in ##3282# menu, hit advanced... type in MSL.

keep pressing enter til you get to SCI - put whatever number you want in box. Hit the OK button. Reboot. Done.

Tried this but only found SCM not SCI, also, what does placing any number do? Does it change the length of time the LED blinks?

kristv

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Weird...I don't have this problem at all with my notifications? I went into the sound & display settings and checked the box for "Pulse Notification Light", and I get a constant blinking red light every time I get a new text or email until I check it. Do you have this setting enabled on your phones?

Reactions: BBooDad

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Weird...I don't have this problem at all with my notifications? I went into the sound & display settings and checked the box for "Pulse Notification Light", and I get a constant blinking red light every time I get a new text or email until I check it. Do you have this setting enabled on your phones?
good tip there. My Epic comes later this week, and that will be one of the 1st things I do, as I like the LED on my Pre that blinks till I check it. Wish it was some color other than red though!.

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I have this checked and it still only blinks when I get the text and stops shortly after.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae