Media Hub not working?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a new epic 4g that seems to be updated to the latest software. When I try and update manually from settings it tells me everything is up to date.

However, the media hub doesn't work. It still shows as not yet available. What should I do?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Your on a pre media hub build.
Menu> Settings> About Phone. scroll down to Build number. It will say SPH-D700 ECLAIR.D(either DG17, DG27, DI07, or DI18) Media Hub came out with one of those updates, not sure which one. Sprint will be of NO help to you. So, for the latest updates, with instructions, follow the instructions found here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/41294-how-manually-update-your-software-without-root.html
READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FIRST. And, don't be afraid to ask questions if something is unclear

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Menu> Settings> About Phone. scroll down to Build number. It will say SPH-D700 ECLAIR.D(either DG17, DG27, DI07, or DI18) Media Hub came out with one of those updates, not sure which one. Sprint will be of NO help to you. So, for the latest updates, with instructions, follow the instructions found here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/41294-how-manually-update-your-software-without-root.html
READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FIRST. And, don't be afraid to ask questions if something is unclear

Thanks for the response. I guess I thought that I was up to date but I'm on DG27.

Is it necessary that I manually upgrade or will the device tell me to on it's own at some point without wiping everything? If all I'm missing is Media Hub, I'd rather just not deal with the hassle...

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not sure about if sprint will push another OTA update, chances are if your phone didn't get the update, then it won't get it any time soon. There are other fixes included in the update, other than the the media hub release. I haven't notices an appreciable battery life issue with the DRM service running in the backround. I believe the last update (DI18) fixed that issue as well. If I've been helpful at all, please click the Thanks button over on the lower right hand side next to the reply.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Its extremely easy to hit force stop drm.
I don't even think it eats that much battery. For me its usually h time without signal

In fact your probably losing more battery for not having all the updated firmware/latest build.

Not to mention your 3g speeds almost triple after the update

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't even think it eats that much battery. For me its usually h time without signal

In fact your probably losing more battery for not having all the updated firmware/latest build.

Quite true.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the toggle airplane mode on/off trick for time without signal?

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

I just purchased my phone last weekend and apparently ahve DI07. Do I need to get DI18? I read the instructions in your link and am completely lost. Sorry, I'm new to Android.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased my phone last weekend and apparently ahve DI07. Do I need to get DI18? I read the instructions in your link and am completely lost. Sorry, I'm new to Android.

you dont need it. but its strongly recommended haha.

go to menu>settings>about phone>system updates> and then i think its update firmware but i could be wrong. so if thats not it just go through them all it wont hurt

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
you dont need it. but its strongly recommended haha.

go to menu>settings>about phone>system updates> and then i think its update firmware but i could be wrong. so if thats not it just go through them all it wont hurt

I tried that and it said that there aren't any available at this time.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying to do the update with menu>settings>about phone>system updates>etc. didn't work. The phone said that there were no available updates. So between google and this thread, I found a video on Youtube that walked me through how to do the update. It was much easier than I though and only took about 3 minutes.

Thanks for all the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000