My EPIC the touchscreen end button and swap buttons take forever to work, help please

hotis300boy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Man I know others have talked about....this is totally frustrating me I will have a call waiting n i have to end up turning the screen on n off like ten times before the end button or swap call waiting button can work, what the hell causes this n how can i fix it? is it hardware or software!?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
pretty sure its software. because if its hardware then your screen would not work when your browsing through your phone.

i havent really noticed this problem though. try resetting your phone. sometimes people just leave their phone on for weeks and weeks and your phone just needs a good sleep for a night.

you could also be running too much stuff hogging up the cpu

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Was your phone like this when you first got it? If not, try doing a factory reset to clear out anything that might be causing a problem.

hotis300boy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have gone through two and my cousin as well and both of our phones never did it in the beginning but after a few weeks of use started doing this

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
mine does it too, i just put my hand over the sensor and the screen turns off then take it away and the screen turns back on then the end button works

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this occassionally also.....pretty aggravating! I usually end up trying to press it over and over and over trying to end, but it doesn't end until the connection is terminated from the other side. And as I travel by air quite a bit, there is plenty of down time and reboots.

icemanjs4

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Someone suggested a reason for this. Normally when using the screen, you're using your fingers a lot.

However, when you talk on the phone, your hand is up to your head, and not being used, so it gets a bit colder (maybe drier too - and thus less conductive?). So any button you press while talking on a call, will take longer to respond.

No joke, as a good experiment, try breathing warm air on your thumb first (you know, like you're going to fog up a mirror), then hit the end button. Let me know if that fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678