Please help! Keep getting same SMS

Tech_Hunter

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I hope someone can help me. Over the past 5 hours I keep getting the same SMS message arriving over and over again. It's only 1 message, but I don't know how to make it stop.

Has anyone seen this before?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
thats extremely bizarre. did you try resetting your phone?

or maybe its the person's who's sending it to you fault.

ive never seen or heard of that

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday. I received the same message about twenty times. I thought it was the other person's phone, but after I turned it off that wasn't possible. Then I thought it was a Handcent issue. I uninstalled it and I still received the message. I reset the phone a few times, still no fix. Then this morning I woke up to find a few more PLUS a bunch of txts that I never received yesterday.

So, it seems like this was on Sprint's end.

Tech_Hunter

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Real tough to figure out how this occurred, since I was in the middle of flashing a new rom when the first text arrived. I tried rebooting, tried wiping all data and restoring with clockwork, tried re-flashing the rom and restoring with CWM...nothing worked. The only thing I didn't try was resetting all back to stock since I couldn't stomach starting over with rooting.

I finally just wiped everything and re-flashed the rom (using ACS syndicate fyi) and did not restore. The text still arrived twice in the 1st 30 minutes, but then not again. So, I took the opportunity to clean things up and didn't restore with CWM, just re-downloaded everything. So, about an hour later, everything was re-installed and back the way I like it, and the text stopped coming.

Most likely, it was a sprint data problem and all the effort was for nothing. but at least I cleaned out some programs I rarely use.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I know when I had visual voicemail issues I got the same android system message over and over for a while. It was very annoying. Not sure if it could be related but it was the only time I had something like that happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary