Vlingo battery drain on epic

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have some significant battery drain with this app installed on my Epic. When I go into battery use it shows vlingo as a the second biggest battery consumer. Any one else have this issue? Any solutions? I love the app but it is killing my battery.

BTW, if this is in wrong forum, do what you must moderators.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have some significant battery drain with this app installed on my Epic. When I go into battery use it shows vlingo as a the second biggest battery consumer. Any one else have this issue? Any solutions? I love the app but it is killing my battery.

BTW, if this is in wrong forum, do what you must moderators.

No doubt it's a battery hog, especially when you enable safe speech feature. Go to settings and disable features that you don't need.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No doubt it's a battery hog, especially when you enable safe speech feature. Go to settings and disable features that you don't need.
I have it disabled when not in use, when I check my running services vlingo has 2 items running( LMTTservice and UAL service) and when i stop them they just pop back up. I checked out their website and they have a post saying they have ran tests and they saw no significant increases in battery drainage except while in direct use. Either way thanks for the help guys at least I know it isnt just me.

stk1975

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I don't have a Sprint Epic. I'm on the original Motorola Droid. However, I did find this thread on a Google search for Vlingo issues.

It might be the same regardless of phone.... I only want the SafeReader to work while I'm in the car and actually NEED it to read my texts. However, when I get a text at home/work/etc. it just turns on and starts reading outloud! I've gone into my settings and manually turned the SafeReader off for my phone (in Running Apps), but it just starts up whenever it wants. I know there's gotta be a way for it to be turned on/off and you have control over it vs. it having control over you (i.e. reading texts/emails whenever it feels like it). Ha ha.

But seriously..... any ideas?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I don't have a Sprint Epic. I'm on the original Motorola Droid. However, I did find this thread on a Google search for Vlingo issues.

It might be the same regardless of phone.... I only want the SafeReader to work while I'm in the car and actually NEED it to read my texts. However, when I get a text at home/work/etc. it just turns on and starts reading outloud! I've gone into my settings and manually turned the SafeReader off for my phone (in Running Apps), but it just starts up whenever it wants. I know there's gotta be a way for it to be turned on/off and you have control over it vs. it having control over you (i.e. reading texts/emails whenever it feels like it). Ha ha.

Open the Vlingo App (not inCar) and on the bottom right there is a button that say safe reader and make sure it isn't pressed. Then switch to inCar mode>settings and uncheck Auto-Start safe reader, then when you are actually using it in your car just hit the big safe reader button and make sure the button near the top right is highlighted. If that doesn't work it might be a glitch with your model of phone.

beyondsimple

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I have the same problem as stkirkland. I haven't been able to replicate the problem completely but one part of the issue is that when I put my phone on silenced/vibrate and then turn the volume up, safereader starts sometimes. I think it is already running in the background before I do this though. Then when i go in to Vlingo, the safereader on the bottom right is ON even though all my settings have it to not start automatically.

stkirkland, do you have any Car Dock apps or Tasker?

Im on the Captivate btw.