programs to autocycle airplane mode to reduce time without signal

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Friends,
I was looking for a way to cycle airplane off for a minute and back on unattended three or four times per day in order to reduce time without signal and corresponding battery loss.

Right now I am trying market app "ring scheduler" by Kevin Yaun.

If anyone has other ideas or methods please do post them here!

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered using Tasker? It has tons of options for scheduling tasks and changing settings, etc.

Ditto on Tasker. A bit of a learning curve, but an amazing program. I use it to airplane mode my Evo at work since I can't surf/take calls on the clock. I have it switch data back on three minutes before every scheduled break so the phone has time to sync all my mail and messages for when I'm on break.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Also Juice Defender can let you auto switch off 3G data and just use the phone signal when your signal is really weak. Power Control Plus has a button called "Cellular Data" (the 2G/3G button doesn't work on Epic) that can let you manually switch off data when the signal is weak.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is definitely your best bet for doing it automatically.

Juice defendder is completely different then what you ate asking for.

However, I think its easiest to just do it by hand. You know your going to check your time without signal a couple times to make sure it worked.
with the epic, its super easy to push the power button And select it, its not like the iPhone where you need to access settings etc.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1