I was trying to manually update my phone from version 27 to version 18. I was using the instructions on xda and I followed the instructions exactly as they said and the phone shut off like it was rebooting however it did not come back on. I waited awhile and nothing happened so I unplugged it and it wont turn on at all. So I plugged the phone into the wall however it wont even show it is charging. Then I took the battery out and now on the screen it is showing a pic of a phone with a line going to a computer. Does anyone know what I did to this phone??? It will not turn turn on or off... it just stays on that screen.
    11-10-2010 10:49 PM
    Sounds like you bricked the phone. If you were doing the update from SD card, you should NOT have had the phone plugged in. Did you try starting up in recovery mode? Hold Vol Down, Camera, and Power through the power up process. Otherwise, you may have to flash a stock ROM using ODIN. There's a sticky above, on how to do this, by Andrew R.
    11-10-2010 11:31 PM
    yeah i did but i was finally able to flash the stock rom update on. I dont know what i did wrong the first time but i retried and it works. thanks
    11-11-2010 12:32 AM
    WOOT!! Glad you got it to work!
    11-11-2010 09:09 AM
    did you manage to get to di18 or did you still need help on that?

if you do download all the everything you need - its at the top of the sticky "upgrading for nonroot users" or seomthign like that on the epic 4g forums page

and then post back here and ill help
    11-11-2010 12:10 PM
    yeah I got it. I ws using instructions from another webpage and I put the file in the phone section instead of pda so it briked it. So I tried it again and it flashed the same rom that I had on here cause I downloaded the wrong one but when I turned the phone on it actually recognized the updates and did it on its own. I'm glad I know how to do it now for future reference.thank you all for your help though.i never thought I would be able to do that but it wasn't that bad.
    11-11-2010 01:07 PM
    clicky clicky on the thanks......LOL sorry couldn't resist! :P
    11-12-2010 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD