How to change default profile on Epic 4G?

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com
Hey guys just got the Epic 4G yesterday. I know there was a way to change the default profile of a contact between like the entry I have for them on my Google account or their Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Thing is, some of my Facebook friends are using weird nicknames or stupid symbols and it's taking preference over their actual name that I have stored in my Google Contacts.

Is their any way that I can have it choose the Google contact as the one that's displayed by default?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try this: from your home screen, press the menu button and then go to Settings>Accounts and sync>(your Facebook account)>uncheck the "Sync Contacts" box

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com
I see two of them listed. One says SNS. I have no idea what that means. I don't want to stop syncing my Facebook contacts altogether, I just want the ability to control how their name is displayed on my phone. I don't want the Facebook link to take preference over their Google Contacts entry on my phone.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
SNS= Social Networking Service, these contacts cannot be edited by the phone. I am not sure if there is a way to set a default profile.

Last edited:

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
OH, I guess if I stopped to think about it, the default profile (for editing/saving) will be Google because,
SNS= Social Networking Service, these contacts cannot be edited by the phone
However that does not help the name issue, it maybe the same case, I know the Facebook app has a preference to only sync contacts with those already existing in your phone... not sure if that helps.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have an idea.

Go into a linked contact and unlink them. Then back out to the contacts list. Then go into the google contact that you want to be primary. Then link the facebook contact to it.

Perhaps that will define the facebook contact to be linked to the google contact instead of the other way around. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems like a possible solution.