offical 2.2 update

txtmikhail

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
samsung offical 2.2 update 2night

http://www.tgdaily.com/mobility-brief/52521-samsung-galaxy-s-finally-gets-its-turn-with-android-22

Last edited:

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is an insult to journalism. He doesn't even mention his source in any way....

Agree.

But Sprint is just as shameful. In Sprint's world, there is no need actually to provide updatged firmware. Just say that you do:

• Brilliant 4" AMOLED touchscreen
  • Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard
  • Rent or buy 1,000s of movies and TV shows from the Samsung Media Hub
  • Android? 2.2 OS and access to over 100,000 apps
  • Exclusively from Sprint

wiltonmanorsx

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So, was it just Korean and Vodafone users who got the update? I don't see anything on the Samsung page about updating or on their Twitter feeds. :-(

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has pretty consistently said Froyo will be out for all Galaxy S users by the end of the year ... I'd love to see it today for Sprint but it feels highly unlikely ... but here is my question ... if a "stable" froyo ROM for the Epic becomes available, does anyone here feel it would be worth their time to flash it on to their device? With an update coming down the pipe shortly?

of course. im probably never going to go back to a stock rom.
the evo has plenty of 2.2 roms that kick the stock versions butt. the epic soon will too. once 2.2 is out, cyanogen should be on the epic.

and to the person above me, the us 2.2 update has not begun any pushing yet. and i dont think it will until later this month and early next month.

only the uk version has gotten updated

Reactions: sinner1168

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My money's on early December. Who'd want to deal with overseeing the release of Froyo right before Black Friday? I'd want to see how the Galaxy S does in Europe and on the Tab (consider these purchasers my beta testers) and then I release 2.2 in the US.

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd like them to bring it to us sooner than later and allow for tweeking while I have it; Ginger bread is right around the corner my friend.... I wonder if we get that.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I bet we won't get Gingerbread from Samsung/Sprint.

That depends largely on the hardware driving that Nexus S. If the rest of the Galaxy S can easily run 2.3 then I see no reason Samsung wouldn't roll out an eventual update- but yes- it may be very late for them to do so.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
That depends largely on the hardware driving that Nexus S. If the rest of the Galaxy S can easily run 2.3 then I see no reason Samsung wouldn't roll out an eventual update- but yes- it may be very late for them to do so.

No reason? I will give you 3 reasons.

1. It costs a lot of money for Samsung/Sprint to update firmware, even if the hardware can support it.

2. If you have followed Samsung past track record, they are not very good with updating firmware.

3. It's Samsung's best short term interest not to update galaxy S to 2.3. They want us to get new phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital