Froyo not till 2011?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
has anyone with a Froyo ROM tried it with Multimedia docks and speakers, which is supposed to be enabled with Froyo?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope the delay on Froyo's release isn't too much longer. Its great that Samsung got honors for selling over 3 million Galaxy S line and what over a million Tabs. I just hope they realize there is over 3 million Galaxy owners waiting on the Froyo update. Its very frustrating to here about Flash updates, Market updates and others that are aimed only at Froyo and we can't even get a taste of what we were promised shortly after the release of this phone.

I've thought about rooting my phone to get the leaked version but at the same time I really would like to get the official version rather than play around with a leak no matter how well its running.

I totally agree with everything you said, but Andrew makes a good point in saying that we are waiting on Sprint, not Samsung (at this point)... Sprint's gotta make all their tweaks and implant all their (ugghhh) bells and whistles... I hope Samsung and Sprint both come together to give all of us early X-Mas presents! :cool:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold me to this, but Froyo should be released any day now. Version DK28 was leaked tonight, and it is flawless so far (I'm even getting an instant GPS lock indoors, YMMV). Froyo is ready for prime time baby :D

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna update my phone. Is there anyway to save progress in Angry Birds so I don't lose all my 3 stars? lol

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna update my phone. Is there anyway to save progress in Angry Birds so I don't lose all my 3 stars? lol

Are you doing the rooted or non-rooted update? Mike340t posted that when he applied the update.zip to his non-rooted phone, nothing was erased.

so you think i should install the leaked update? or wait?

Totally up to you. In my initial testing everything works great, but you could wait a few days to be safe.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Epic 4G hardware is being held back severely.

im so sick of waiting for Android 2.2 froyo. The Epic 4G is one of the fastest and most powerful phones on the market, yet its software, as of the release of Gingerbread is TWO GENERATIONS BEHIND. i mean now Sprint is saying that the official release of Froyo that supposedly came out two days ago is false and is a leak???? Cmon Android....

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing the rooted or non-rooted update? Mike340t posted that when he applied the update.zip to his non-rooted phone, nothing was erased.

Totally up to you. In my initial testing everything works great, but you could wait a few days to be safe.

I applied update.zip method to my z4rooted phone and did not lose anything.

esuuuu09

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
updated to dk28. works beautifully except for 2 things, the home screen takes awhile to load sometimes and the orientation changes takes a little longer. Battery life also decreased tremendously, but i'm assuming thats something that'll get fixed eventually like it did before. I used to get 24 hrs and now i get around like 10hrs.

love app2sd and how you can recustomize the bottom row.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
interesting about the release of froyo......

i guess we wont be getting it by the end of this year according to some some sources. why are they having so many issues with it?

Last edited:

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That's perfect! Might come after CES 2011 when they announce the newer dual core phones...and those phones should be released around March with Gingerbread. Smart! Upgrade to Froyo after newer phones with better hardware and Gingerbread get announced....

lbm323

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Im new to android central. i joined to find other enraged by samsung or sprints who ever is dropping the ball on this 2.2 thing. Im about done waiting for 2.2. Does Flashing it void warranty? Or should i wait maybe it will come soon? what are the rumored release dates this time.

dzuchowski

Banned
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Im new to android central. i joined to find other enraged by samsung or sprints who ever is dropping the ball on this 2.2 thing. Im about done waiting for 2.2. Does Flashing it void warranty? Or should i wait maybe it will come soon? what are the rumored release dates this time.

yes it does void the warranty and sprint if they found out could in theory cancel your account... not saying that sprint would cancel but since you have changed the phone to run non approved system software... i am sure it is in the terms and conditions of your contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.