PC to Epic bluetooth pairing

leetlock

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to pair my Epic to my pc to transfer files and am having an issue with the password/pin. I keep getting a message saying incorrect pin/pw but do not get an option to input one.

I am using a Bluetooth 3.0 usb module, the phone can be seen on my pc, phone sees pc, all options are set up to allow connection, transfers, etc. Just can not figure out how to get them to pair.

This is something I wanted to do with my PS3 also, but same issue, can not connect due to pin, but no options to input one.

Last edited:

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to pair my Epic to my pc to transfer files and am having an issue with the password/pin. I keep getting a message saying incorrect pin/pw but do not get an option to input one.

I am using a Bluetooth 3.0 usb module, the phone can be seen on my pc, phone sees pc, all options are set up to allow connection, transfers, etc. Just can not figure out how to get them to pair.

This is something I wanted to do with my PS3 also, but same issue, can not connect due to pin, but no options to input one.

I am assumming you have tried without quotes "0000" and/or "1234" ?

leetlock

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Forgot all about this post...

Anyway, I do not get the option to input anything to pair. I did one time last year and it worked briefly, but now I just get the message that its unable to pair due to code, but can not input one...

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It works fine for me on stock epic. ONe thing to note, my custom syndicate rom does not do bluetooth advanced sharing. Maybe you are using a custom rom. Alternatively maybe your bluetooth pc adpaters software is outdated and you need to update it. It worked instantly for me when i installed software.

Get it working cuz trust me its an awesome feature. No more having to get a data cable from behind your bed just to transfer 2 or 3 photos.

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a problem on ACS ICS 5 but I haven't tried it since going to CM9. I'll see if I have an issue and see if I can figure it out.

How about a little more info. Are you stock or on a custom ROM and what OS is on your PC? Are you trying to initiate the pairing from the phone or the computer? What function are you wanting to use Bluetooth for? There might be another program that could do what you want without using Bluetooth.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

island man12

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a problem on ACS ICS 5 but I haven't tried it since going to CM9. I'll see if I have an issue and see if I can figure it out.

How about a little more info. Are you stock or on a custom ROM and what OS is on your PC? Are you trying to initiate the pairing from the phone or the computer? What function are you wanting to use Bluetooth for? There might be another program that could do what you want without using Bluetooth.

Stock, android 2.3.6, kernel 2.6.35.7 EL29-CL852097 Gingerbread EL29
PC OS Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3

Want to transfer files, pics without the cord.

Thanks for trying

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on stock but I had problems getting mine to connect too. I would reccomend Kies Air. You can find it on the market. It will let you transfer music, pics, set ringtones, edit texts, and many other things. It is free and only works on Samsung. Your phone just has to be on the same WiFi network as your computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki