Lowest Price You've Seen for the Epic

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just found out RS is now pricing the Epic at $179.99 for the next few days. Good online or in-store and for new or upgrades. Saw it online and called a store to verify.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Amazon is new accounts only. They don't do Sprint upgrades yet. RS is the same price for new and upgrade.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
What if you are with Sprint and eligible for the one year $75

Two year upgrade is $150, one year upgrade $75 so I believe your price would be $75 higher than the two year upgrade price. Do it at RS and it would be $179.99 +$75, $249.99. It's worth checking out.

nooney64

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually spoke with someone at radio shack and BB and they only do 2 year upgrades. You have to go through Sprint for 1 year upgrade

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What if you are with Sprint and eligible for the one year $75

Two year upgrade is $150, one year upgrade $75 so I believe your price would be $75 higher than the two year upgrade price. Do it at RS and it would be $179.99 +$75, $249.99. It's worth checking out.

While it seems like the difference is just $75, you don't get the associated extra "instant discount" when upgrading after a year. So it is just $75 off of list price.

bakerman1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just picked one up last night and am liking it a lot. Coming from a pre and thought I would check out android again. Any thoughts on a good calendar widget? I want a nice big agenda view...also other apps that would be useful to have? Thanks in advance

Ken

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
While it seems like the difference is just $75, you don't get the associated extra "instant discount" when upgrading after a year. So it is just $75 off of list price.

This is true. Very aggrevating considering that the "instant discount" is usually offered by the manufacturer who only cares about pushing product, not whether you have a year left or not.

However, you can "buy out" the remaining time before your next upgrade eligibility by calling Sprint's Retention Dept. We have done this for two phones over the past few months, both with a upgrade date in April 2011. It cost us about $45 for each, however the representative also gave a service credit to balance that out, so it wound up being a free "buy out".

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is true. Very aggrevating considering that the "instant discount" is usually offered by the manufacturer who only cares about pushing product, not whether you have a year left or not.

However, you can "buy out" the remaining time before your next upgrade eligibility by calling Sprint's Retention Dept. We have done this for two phones over the past few months, both with a upgrade date in April 2011. It cost us about $45 for each, however the representative also gave a service credit to balance that out, so it wound up being a free "buy out".

Is that the term you used when speaking to the agent? Or did you have to go through the "I'm leaving Sprint if you don't let me upgrade?"

Also, when they changed your upgrade date, how long did you have to wait for that to be active? Sprint changed my primary line to be my daughter's phone (still don't know how this changes) and now they have said they will "reset my upgrade eligibility date" but that it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles to take effect.

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Is that the term you used when speaking to the agent? Or did you have to go through the "I'm leaving Sprint if you don't let me upgrade?"

Also, when they changed your upgrade date, how long did you have to wait for that to be active? Sprint changed my primary line to be my daughter's phone (still don't know how this changes) and now they have said they will "reset my upgrade eligibility date" but that it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles to take effect.

When we did my wife's line last month, we used the "Let me upgrade or I'm leaving for an iPhone", at which point we were told about this "early upgrade" fee. That was in the evening, and either the next day or the day after I went to Best Buy and got her an Epic with a 2yr upgrade.

I'm currently doing the same thing for the kiddo's phone, and called either Monday or Tuesday about it. It has yet to show up and I'm currently on with customer service about it.

As for asking about it, I guess you could use the "I hate my phone, and will leave if I can't 2yr upgrade" approach like we did the first time, at which point you will be sent to the retentions dept. This time, I simply asked about doing an early upgrade, and got sent to retentions dept.....of course, it may have helped I had other account issues to discuss as well (but those did not require retentions dept).

If you need something done account wise beyond the basics, always work your way to Retentions.....they have pretty much been able to help me do whatever it was I was trying to do.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Future Epic Owner Just a few questions :)

Hey guys :), Im gonna be a future epic owner!~
So as everyone else, i got a few question, maybe one for know since i don't have the phone yet ;) so i'll update this threat when i do if i got some questions that i can't find answered in the board. Don't worry! I'll try to not make new useless threats, I make sure to see if there are any similar to what im thinking of posting
Now the question is where, or how can i find good deals for the phone? Of course going to sprint itself aint going to cut it for much

I found in amazonmobile for 179 for the phone
Wirefly had some good deals, though alot of people say not to do it through wirefly because they have their own Lil Hidden Contract fee's and what not.
Should i just get it from Sprint?
Im just trying to save a couple of bucks or try to get the phone at the least 150.

Thanks peeps!

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
Wirefly had some good deals, though alot of people say not to do it through wirefly because they have their own Lil Hidden Contract fee's and what not.

The company behind Wirefly, Simplexity, powers a lot of the web stores (e.g., Dell, Target). And those partner stores often have very different promotions. If you can live with their restrictions (e.g., you can't cancel or downgrade your plan for 181 days or you page a $300 penalty, trial period is more like 14 days than 30 days), check them out.

Buying from a Sprint store certainly is easiest in terms of returns/exchanges and setup support, but yes, you pay a lot for the convenience.

Reactions: Kikoshi

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys :), Im gonna be a future epic owner!~
So as everyone else, i got a few question, maybe one for know since i don't have the phone yet ;) so i'll update this threat when i do if i got some questions that i can't find answered in the board. Don't worry! I'll try to not make new useless threats, I make sure to see if there are any similar to what im thinking of posting
Now the question is where, or how can i find good deals for the phone? Of course going to sprint itself aint going to cut it for much

I found in amazonmobile for 179 for the phone
Should i just get it from Sprint?
Im just trying to save a couple of bucks or try to get the phone at the least 150.

Thanks peeps!

Welcome to the forum Kikoshi! Take a look at the posts above yours - there are lots of good tips on where to get a low-priced Epic. Good luck :D

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The company behind Wirefly, Simplexity, powers a lot of the web stores (e.g., Dell, Target). And those partner stores often have very different promotions. If you can live with their restrictions (e.g., you can't cancel or downgrade your plan for 181 days or you page a $300 penalty, trial period is more like 14 days than 30 days), check them out.

Buying from a Sprint store certainly is easiest in terms of returns/exchanges and setup support, but yes, you pay a lot for the convenience.
Alright, i gaved up on Wirefly when i read the TOS and rules ect..
How about amazonwireless? Its 179 ( Actually Its 149 WOW)as stated before, is tehre any rules like how it is with WireFly?

Thanks again :D

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
How about amazonwireless? Its 179 ( Actually Its 149 WOW)as stated before, is tehre any rules like how it is with WireFly?

I actually wrote to them to ask what this means:

"Items that are not returnable

AmazonWireless does not accept returns of the following items:
* Any product that indicates use or damage by the customer "

Basically, if it doesn't look "like new" when they get it back, they won't take it.

The penalty for canceling your contract (or getting canceled by Sprint for nonpayment) within 181 days is $250.

2sslow

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I went into BB and told them RS had it for 179.00 and they matched it no Problems.
Bought it saturday and was rooted by 10:00pm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers