Ok so this started yesterday my epic just started to lag and its now really annoying the virtual keyboard messes up it vibrates longer than it has to when I press a key when typing this wasn't a problem before, scrolling down on the Facebook app wasn't a problem before it was smooth now it lags a little every time and some with the browser :/ i already rebooted the phone a bunch of times. And i don't want to do a hard reset. I know a bother person that has an epic and its having the same problems.
    12-02-2010 05:11 PM
    Mine has the same issue on the facebook app and the keyboard, but nothing else. I don't want to hard reset either. Look to see if when that occurs, if the phone is synchronizing. It will tell you in the top on the notification bar with a circle with two arrows in it. It seems to me that when the phone is synchronizing, it slows down. Im wondering if this is your issue as well.
    12-02-2010 11:09 PM
    Do a complete battery pull. While the battery is out hold the power button and discharge the residual memory. Them after a minute try again. The sg has a built in task manager. Mine ran better when I stopped apps after using them.
    12-02-2010 11:20 PM
    ok, thanks ill try that. this shouldn't even be a problem -___- samsung is really getting to me haha.
    12-03-2010 12:47 AM
    Could always try wiping the cache if you don't want to wipe your data.

When you notice this happening, try holding home and enter the task manager. Check how much ram is available and if any app is using a lot of your CPU power.
    If an app is acting up, go into your settings>apps>manage applications> select whatever app is acting up and hit clear data and cache. If that doesn't work I'd uninstall and reinstall if that doesn't work I'd just uninstall.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    12-03-2010 10:40 AM
    Ok so this started yesterday my epic just started to lag and its now really annoying the virtual keyboard messes up it vibrates longer than it has to when I press a key when typing this wasn't a problem before, scrolling down on the Facebook app wasn't a problem before it was smooth now it lags a little every time and some with the browser :/ i already rebooted the phone a bunch of times. And i don't want to do a hard reset. I know a bother person that has an epic and its having the same problems.
    Sound like you are using some type of task killer, if you have one of those maybe you should consider not using it and using the native one
    12-10-2010 07:11 AM
    um taking my epic for a swim always seems to refresh it!
    12-10-2010 11:24 PM
    Sound like you are using some type of task killer, if you have one of those maybe you should consider not using it and using the native one
    why would that cause a problem though?
    12-11-2010 02:27 AM
    It's killing programs that in a sense need to be running
    12-11-2010 03:33 AM
    It's killing programs that in a sense need to be running
    its never been a problem though. Why start now?
    12-11-2010 10:20 PM
    well if thats a picture of you, maybe your phone is just feeling intimidated by how good looking you are! i would suggest looking at the task killer and see what apps or programs are being affected i had a task killer start to kill programs that i never set it up to kill in the first place... turned on by itself.
    12-11-2010 10:54 PM
    well if thats a picture of you, maybe your phone is just feeling intimidated by how good looking you are! i would suggest looking at the task killer and see what apps or programs are being affected i had a task killer start to kill programs that i never set it up to kill in the first place... turned on by itself.
    Just a lilllll bit weird eeyyy.....perhaps a PM message? Didn't your mother tell you not to hit on people online.....lmao j/k
    12-12-2010 04:23 AM
    I know this is probably not a great option but try a hard reset
    12-12-2010 10:03 AM
    Just a lilllll bit weird eeyyy.....perhaps a PM message? Didn't your mother tell you not to hit on people online.....lmao j/k
    Agreed. Please stay on topic folks - personal discussions are what PMs were made for.
    12-12-2010 10:41 AM
    wow its a sad world when people have to be so serious, and cant take a joke anymore.

however you might want to try booting down, removing the battery, letting it sit for a minute or two, and then rebooting got a friend that says that always helps him...
    12-12-2010 11:47 AM
    Jokes are always welcome - just want to make sure nobody is made to feel uncomfortable. I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but it could be someone's reaction.
    12-12-2010 11:48 AM
    its never been a problem though. Why start now?
    There could have been a software update either for the task killer or the facebook app that is causing some sort of conflict which in turn is causing the lag on your phone. Task killers are a fairly divisive issue among the android community anyway. Why not just uninstall the task killer and see if it helps?
    12-12-2010 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD