Good calendar and newsfeed widgets?

timtim#AC

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I am spoiled from HTC Sence but my spouse picked up an Epic and the Widgets don't match up.

Calander- No full screen widget? Just a shortcut?
Newsfeed- No full screen widget? Just a shortcut?

I've played with the phone for a few hours with no luck on it. The shortcuts are there but no way to place the calander on fullscreen on one of the 7 homepages. Well, any input on wether those widgets exist would be helpful.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am spoiled from HTC Sence but my spouse picked up an Epic and the Widgets don't match up.

I've played with the phone for a few hours with no luck on it. The shortcuts are there but no way to place the calander on fullscreen on one of the 7 homepages. Well, any input on wether those widgets exist would be helpful.

I guess you are new to Android.

The said full widgets are HTC Sense widgets. Epic doesn't have Sense so you don't get those widgets. The calendar widget in Epic is stock Android, which is not full screen.

However, you can install many 3rd party full screen widgets. I tend to like Launcherpro plus widgets.

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

As mentioned above, the sense widgets are specific to sense.

For a calendar widget, i recommend Agenda widget. Works great and it's free.
chart

I don't use a news reader, so someone else will have to give you recommendations here.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's my recommendation.

for calendar widget, weather forecast widget 4*2

I tried several reader widgets but none are good. Using genie news and weather widget.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Reader widget? Try Buzz Box. Nice black themed easy to read and scrollable full screen widget support in addition to full app for RSS reading. Also has features to show full article without downloading to your device and filling up storage like NewsRoom.

For more sense style widgets- I fully endorse buying Launcher Pro (not the free version) Best $3 spent on Android. He's always adding features and many of the widgets like the combined calendar, facebook/twitter,bookmarks,people widgets are copied from sense. Hopefully, he'll add an RSS reader at some point too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez