Facebook - Error occured while fetching data

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I went into the accounts/sync settings and added my facebook account, and the facebook feeds are showing up in the feeds widget. I then opened the applications and selected Facebook. After I signed in, I got an error message that stated there was an error while fetching data. I'm not sure if I want to keep the feeds widget, but the Facebook application doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone help me out with this?

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
you can always try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling in. after you uninstall restart the phone and install on a fresh reboot... seems to help me when i have data problems

JeffDTD

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem on occasion..and signal has nothing to do with it.

Mine is always able to refresh messages, my profile, notifications... but fails to update the news feed. Signal has nothing to do with it, as I said. I've soft reset and still seen the same thing. It will go for a day or maybe just a few hours where the news feed can't refesh.. then it will refresh and be fine.

I've just sort of accepted it as an issue with servers and the build of the app.

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
If you're ever connected to wifi that has facebook blocked, like at a workplace, then the "error while fetching data" message will pop up

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem is it's pretty annoying. Right now I get the error and I can't see the news. No further updates to the Facebook app available. Must be a bug somewhere, but who knows what.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01