Official Froyo Update on the Epic on Dec 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Gonna have to wait and see... I think I will hold out on the current custom roms until the OTA rolls out and we see what happens.. It will probably only be a matter of a few hours and someone over at XDA will have a custom rom build off the official release...

DL11 hmmm ?

S0ckM0nk3y

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Saw that thread as well. I'll believe it when I see it. Hoping it's true though.

I'm with you I will believe it when I see it. If it's anything like the Intercept debacle going on right now or like the Vibrant on Bell I'll wait. Just build something stable and with as few bugs as possible. I know every build has bugs some more than others that's why there is updates. There is also a post in that XDA thread saying something about a DL19 release as well. DL11 is "supposed" to be the official release. If the DL19 is an update for the DL11 already just scrap the whole thing and work on 2 dot 3 please.

Sincerely yours,

4Gless (Detroit)

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. But I believe Samsung has received a lot of flack that they haven't pushed out 2.2.1 yet and lit a fire under Sprint to get this out before the end of the year. (like they promised) Next year they will start working on 2.3 for the Epic but first they have to make good on their promise for 2.2.1. So if it is not out on the 26th, I am sure we will see it by the end of the year.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you I will believe it when I see it. If it's anything like the Intercept debacle going on right now or like the Vibrant on Bell I'll wait. Just build something stable and with as few bugs as possible. I know every build has bugs some more than others that's why there is updates. There is also a post in that XDA thread saying something about a DL19 release as well. DL11 is "supposed" to be the official release. If the DL19 is an update for the DL11 already just scrap the whole thing and work on 2 dot 3 please.

Sincerely yours,

4Gless (Detroit)

Intercept Debacle??? My daughters intercept has received her froyo push and has not had any problems...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
We put to much into our devices...consumers need to TAKE back control....we are all brain washed...its sickening

And sadly, it'll never change. Cell phones have become such an incorporated part of our lives, they could probably start charging people for how long they have their screen on, and it wouldn't matter.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unless it is required by your place of employment, owning a cell phone is a choice. I know people who still do not own cell phones and they get along just fine.

If you do choose to own a cell phone and you're unhappy with the manufacturer or carrier, you can show that dissatisfaction by taking your business elsewhere.

Reactions: Butters3605

burn1010

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what when they say user will receive the update based on their status with the server? What determines who gets it first and last, etc?
Thanks.

dhero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what when they say user will receive the update based on their status with the server? What determines who gets it first and last, etc?
Thanks.

Those who pay the most in monthly fees get it first, followed by users who pay on time, followed by the rest - any questions? :p

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha! YES! I get it sooner than most! :D

Just my thinking, but I would figure it would be based on Serial numbers that have been activated, going from smallest to largest.....this would explain those situations where someone purchased a phone 2 months after others, if it has a lower serial number then it would get the update before them.....again, just my thinking.

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So when this official version finally comes out will it be possible to install it using an update.zip file to replace the leaked version of froyo that a ton of us installed a few weeks ago? i don't mind waiting a day or two for that file to come out if it saves the hassle of uninstalling the leaked version first.

(I've seen this question posted a few times in other forums and nobody ever seems to give a clear answer. I am looking for a yes or no answer please. I don't want yet another link to use odin to uninstall the leaked version before getting the new version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay