Audio from both headphones and speaker

hank1199

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with audio output from both speaker and headphones? I was listening to music with headphones and notice when I removed them from my ears that the music was coming out from the speaker.

Yes the headphone jack was plugged in all the way. It is temporarily fixed when I turn off my phone. I factory reseted the phone and got the same issue until I turned off the phone again. Is anyone familiar with the issue?

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with audio output from both speaker and headphones? I was listening to music with headphones and notice when I removed them from my ears that the music was coming out from the speaker.

Yes the headphone jack was plugged in all the way. It is temporarily fixed when I turn off my phone. I factory reseted the phone and got the same issue until I turned off the phone again. Is anyone familiar with the issue?

Try a different pair of headsets. I've never had this problem.

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem once when I first got it. Honestly I don't know what it was because when I tried it the next day on the same setup it worked fine and has ever since.

hank1199

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I tried different headsets with no luck. I have reseted the phone now several times because of the issue. Sprint customer care mentioned that the engineers/techs are aware of the issue and a fix is set for the next software update. I emailed them trying to get a date when the next software update will be release, but no luck yet. I don't know if they are referring to the froyo update, but I hope it is since that the latest buzz.

hank1199

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried different headsets with no luck. I have reseted the phone now several times because of the issue. Sprint customer care mentioned that the engineers/techs are aware of the issue and a fix is set for the next software update. I emailed them trying to get a date when the next software update will be release, but no luck yet. I don't know if they are referring to the froyo update, but I hope it is since that the latest buzz.

Ok, after a trip to a Sprint local repair shop, my device was replace with a new stereo headset jack which absolutely did nothing. I then went to another store per customer service request to see if another technician could take a look at the phone. The staff were confuse on the matter, audio coming from both headset and speaker, and they performed a hard reset which did not do a darn thing. The representative went ahead and ordered a new (likely a refurbish phone). Should be picking it up in three days.

A store rep has the same issue with his Epic. He sort of leaked out saying that there was an update for this but was unstable at the moment. I don't know what to believe anymore, since Sprint's customer care could not provide me with a difinitive answer of whether it was a hardware or software problem. I'm glad I pay for that darn insurance.

Mary Rhodes

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG Tribute (Virgin Mobile) and the same issue. All of a sudden I can't use traditional or my Bluetooth headphones. They worked for 2 months (that's how long I've had the phone) but not now.Tried resetting & 3 different pair if headphones - no luck. Only sound through the speakers. Any suggestions?