4g is slower than 3g!

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have 4g were I'm from and because of this I bought an epic. I try to use 4g as much as posible because I'm being charched $10 more a month for it so why not use it right. Well I used the speed test app cause I noticed my internet running slow on 4g and come to find out it was according to the test. Now don't get me wrong I have gotten some nice speeds out of sprints 4g network but 9 times out of 10 the 3g is faster than the 4g! Am I the only one getting this problem?

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I live on the edge of a 4g network so in my house i get slower averages of 4g vs 3g. But if i step outside my house i get a higher average of 4g vs 3g. (4g speed=4MBPS avg outside).

My 3g, in general, is still pretty fast. consistent 2.0 MBPS anyways. I honestly dont use 4g much at all cuz i think the 3g is great. Lol kinda makes me hate paying 10 extra a month...like everyone else.

Now with all that said, in my house 4g has a good burst speed compared to 3g i.e. that the intial speed is very fast(for a few seconds) but then it drops to below 3g averages. So for huge downloads it sucks.

ps i tested my 3g and 4g connection using a rooted epic and tethered to my pc. Then I ran testmy.net on my computer to see true download speeds. Speedtest.net isnt the best indicator if you want hardcore averages, as it is tricked by burst speeds easily.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My 4G is way faster than my 3G and I usually have only one bar on 4G most of the time when I do use it in my town !! Do they have 4G in your town or are you next to a town where they happened to roll it out?..

However, on a side note.. I feel that 4G is just a gimmic right now, until they have it everywhere like 3G. I usually use Wi-Fi waaaayyy more than I use 4G as 4G seems to be hit and miss, have it in one town but not the next..

difrent7

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my 4g speeds here in Tampa are very fast. Much faster then my 3g. Here is a screenshot of my 4g..
24065548.png

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
My 4G is way faster than my 3G and I usually have only one bar on 4G most of the time when I do use it in my town !! Do they have 4G in your town or are you next to a town where they happened to roll it out?..

However, on a side note.. I feel that 4G is just a gimmic right now, until they have it everywhere like 3G. I usually use Wi-Fi waaaayyy more than I use 4G as 4G seems to be hit and miss, have it in one town but not the next..

I have 4g in my town but can barely get 1mg out of it most of the time but when its running good it like 4 and a 1/2.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I get faster 4G speeds when I go down to south florida then what I have as home internet in central florida (not orlando, no 4G). I can't wait to move :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1