prices after the holidays

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Seeing how Sprint has always been on the stingy when it comes to good deals on their phones...

You might see Sprint actually drop it down to $199, but I wouldn't hold my breath.. Sprint knows they have a hot seller between that and the Evo and know if you want it bad enough you will pay the money.

Reactions: jjeffcoat

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Does the "add-a-line" Plan mean you have to add an additional phone to your plan to get this price?

I already have 4 phones on my Sprint plan, and this would be to replace the one I'm using on my Pre.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I wished my wife was eligible for an upgrade... I have thought a few times about going in to radio shack and add a line, and then cancel it after I get the phone, but morally I can't bring myself to do it.. Probably would have to return the phone anyways. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Amazon now has the upgrade option available and the Epic is $199. Wirefly is also $199 for upgrade.

Good deal... I think this should be more announced since so many people have gone there looking to get Amazon Wireless's good deals in previous months and they only offered new customer/add a line/no contract.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wished my wife was eligible for an upgrade... I have thought a few times about going in to radio shack and add a line, and then cancel it after I get the phone, but morally I can't bring myself to do it.. Probably would have to return the phone anyways. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I know the feeling.. I was eligible for an upgrade and got mine for $250 but my wife still had 3 months left.. Well you know how that would of turned out if I got mine and she didn't get hers so I ended up spending the $499 minus the big whopping $75 discount for early upgrade, lost out on the extra instant $100 online savings too...

Thats where these carriers make their money on new devices like this, they know people's contracts aren't always ready for full upgrade and a good handful of people will spend the extra money to get it now.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased a sealed one as a part of a lot on ebay... clean esn. Paypal has the billmelater option with 6 months no interest.. going to take advantage of it. She loves her Pre.. But she will LOVE her Epic.

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I know the feeling.. I was eligible for an upgrade and got mine for $250 but my wife still had 3 months left.. Well you know how that would of turned out if I got mine and she didn't get hers so I ended up spending the $499 minus the big whopping $75 discount for early upgrade, lost out on the extra instant $100 online savings too...
Thats where these carriers make their money on new devices like this, they know people's contracts aren't always ready for full upgrade and a good handful of people will spend the extra money to get it now.

OUCH! Next time, talk to the retentions department, tell them you want to find out what your early termination fee is because you hate your phone and want to upgrade, but your not eligible yet. They will let you "buy out" the remaining eligibility time! We paid $40 to buy out something like 8 months! I've done this with two lines in the last 90 days! I wasn't aware of this until I complained enough to retentions and it was offered to me.....the second time I simply told the first operator "I need the retentions dept. to find out about buying out my upgrade eligibility", and she connected me right away, no problems.

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Beerman, I did go round and round with Sprint trying to get a deal because at the same time we were adding a line/phone for our oldest daughter. Told the rep with all that I'm spending and renewing and adding a line that's the best you can do. I was aggravated to say the least and told myself next time I will wait until we both reach full upgrade status. We did make out good other areas, got $65 discount on each line for renewing and then Sprint/Sammy never sent me my freebee $50 mediahub promo code so Sprint did a instant $50 off our bill. So I spent alittle more but the total $180 instant discounts was nice. Not to mention my wife scores us a 22% discount on our bills for her place of work.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully others here will read it and tak advantage of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn