Select all gmail

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to select all messages in a certain message box in the gmail app? Its annoying clicking 91 messages of spam to delete.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I was actually trying to do this just last night too. My gf just got an Epic and she had 202 unread messages. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how so I did some research and apparently the gmail app doesn't have a select all or even a mark all as read option. The only way we could do it was through the browser gmail on my laptop since I couldn't figure out how to select all through the mobile browser gmail either. I wish the gmail app had these options since I actually need it as well. Does anyone know of another email app on market that has these features?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
There is currently no way to select all messages. You will have to get that little checkmark next to the ones you wish to delete. As an alternative you can specify on your Gmail application how many of the last days of mail you want synced. Open the Gmail application and go to Settings>Labels. Here you can set the Gmail application to only sync maybe the last two days instead of the default four.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Did more research and apparently K-9 Mail has a select all and mark all read feature. Going to download it and try it out.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes. K9mail does have this feature. I use it for my imap and pop3 accounts but like keeping gmail with google. They really need to add this option. That and the option to delete the trash.

nhck

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
8/2012 and still no resolution to this...

I guess as a workaround, you can login into your account at gmail.com through a browser, archive your mail there, and it should move out of the main mail folder on your phone when it syncs.