Epic 4G CPU underclocked?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
i did a quadrant standard test and i clicked on system information and the current clock speed of my phone was at 800MHz? Maximum was of course 1000MHz. my phone scored a lowly 963. This must be due to Android 2.1 right?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Your phone will get its upgrade soon. The ROM is what make the difference in the CPU. I'm surprise that it didn't come with the latest update.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i did a quadrant standard test and i clicked on system information and the current clock speed of my phone was at 800MHz? Maximum was of course 1000MHz. my phone scored a lowly 963. This must be due to Android 2.1 right?

2.1 issue like you speculated. When Froyo (finally) drops, that should change.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there any apps to make DK28 run at 1000?

I have tried a couple of CPU apps, one actually got it up sometimes but had excessive battery drain. I could tell speed difference but wasn't worth the loss.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Your phone will get its upgrade soon. The ROM is what make the difference in the CPU. I'm surprise that it didn't come with the latest update.

I'd be careful telling people they're gonna get an upgrade soon. At this point, no one knows when an update is coming, especially with all these broken promises.

emagdnimohno

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
thank this one a million times if i could.....samsung can shove it. never again.....

[Edited by a mod for content] I can't believe people are sick of this phone Just because of 2.1. I picked up my buddies Droid x, and I couldn't wait to out it down and play with my epic. Its rediculous how much better this phone is than almost any other phone.. yes even on 2.1

Reactions: lrn2swim

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
[Edited by a mod for content] I can't believe people are sick of this phone Just because of 2.1. I picked up my buddies Droid x, and I couldn't wait to out it down and play with my epic. Its rediculous how much better this phone is than almost any other phone.. yes even on 2.1

u must understand its frustrating because every other android phone, including older android phones are running 2.2. The Epic 4G's hardware is being literally held back by 2.1 so its full potential cant be realized. All the lies samsung told about by the end of the year release. Well "end of the year" has passed. its almost mid january now...samsung still silent, releasing froyo on other phones but the US epic 4G.....i guess "near future" really meant never.

NickDG

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
That's weird I am running the DK28 leaked build and I only get a 966 quadrant score on my Epic. Shouldn't it be faster since it's 2.2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay