I have been trying to play AVATAR MP4 ripped, its 720 Pixel movie ( 3.49 GB File ), seamlessly plays with beautiful & High resolution video , bt only Video without sound
    googled & found that Epic cant directly Blue Ray ripps or dvd files so, tried to convert it but the converted ( few different formats like AVI, MP4 (Mpeg Codec Converted & others , but the clarity goes down & pixalates even at 640 resolution Conversion

any ideas how to play HD Vdieos with sound on Epic 4g ?

Thanks
    01-14-2011 03:10 AM
    I have been trying to play AVATAR MP4 ripped, its 720 Pixel movie ( 3.49 GB File ), seamlessly plays with beautiful & High resolution video , bt only Video without sound
    googled & found that Epic cant directly Blue Ray ripps or dvd files so, tried to convert it but the converted ( few different formats like AVI, MP4 (Mpeg Codec Converted & others , but the clarity goes down & pixalates even at 640 resolution Conversion

any ideas how to play HD Vdieos with sound on Epic 4g ?

Thanks
    I could've sworn the camera records HD video in mp4? What does audio codec does it use? Finding that out might help maybe?
    01-14-2011 07:39 AM
    yeah, sounds to me like you got an audio codec encoding issue. What codec are you using for audio when you convert it? Off hand i dont know what android supports, but im sure someone else does.
    01-14-2011 09:41 AM
    Here check out my guide I made a long time ago....long buried!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/spri...-4g-guide.html
    01-14-2011 11:48 AM
    Wow, I thought you guys would be better than that!

I had the same problem until one day I figured it out. Our epic 4g phones DO NOT play 5.1 or higher encoded audio. It ONLY plays 2 channel audio encoded files. Go ahead...try it yourself and see.

Google.....convert 5.1 to 2.1......
    01-14-2011 12:54 PM
    My playback when I use the guide I posted shows it as 5.1?
    01-14-2011 01:06 PM
    My playback when I use the guide I posted shows it as 5.1?
    Your guide is good for DVD(480p) quality files not HD(720p and higher) files.
    01-14-2011 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD