#neveragain boycott and lawsuit

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone started anything like this for the Epic? Or for any other carrier other than T-Mobile? I know some people are going to feel this is taking it too far, but I myself think that it is necessary. No...we shouldn't expect updates for our phones UNLESS we have been TOLD by sellers that we will receive a certain update. False advertising is false advertising no matter how you sugar coat it....and every carrier PROMISED that Froyo would be released for these phones. Wheter it is Samsung or the carriers....it doesn't matter....a promise was made to customers and it hasn't been (and isn't close to being) delivered. Add to the fact that there has been no explanation beyond the typical "we're working on it" response is just asking for a lawsuit.

Yes the phone works fine out of the box (with the exception of a few bugs). And yes we are minority of users on these forums as opposed to the other 90 percent of customers. But that does not omit the fact that broken promises were made for sales. I think this is the perfect way for these companies to understand just how upset we are as customers (even though Samsung probably doesn't care because of their customers in other countries), along with people not buying their products.

I shouldn't have to root to compensate for these companies' lack of interests in their customers' satisfaction. Samsung is aware of our communities, and if they really cared about getting these updates out on time and with HELP (reducing the load on themselves) they would at LEAST release the souce code and play both sides of the OPENESS defense that so many people use when Android fragmentation is brought up and custom UI's (such as Touchwiz). If they wanna claim that Android is open and sign an agreement to adhere to the Open Handset Alliance, they would release the source code and not simply DRIVERS for THE PEOPLE to decide whether they want the Touchwiz crap as their UI.

Sorry for another rant...just had to vent.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejohnnyk

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
this is exactly what happens when the company is not willing to communicate with their customer base: eventually the natives feel abandoned and get restless. damn it! i demand to know WHAT exactly is keeping us from getting official froyo? i demand communication, and not the "ask Sprint" type of communication. :mad:

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
this is exactly what happens when the company is not willing to communicate with their customer base: eventually the natives feel abandoned and get restless. damn it! i demand to know WHAT exactly is keeping us from getting official froyo? i demand communication, and not the "ask Sprint" type of communication. :mad:

Samsung is keeping us from getting froyo. Apparently its woking and ready for release but for SOME DUMB REASON they are delaying it and once again using their "sometime in the near future" BS. i will NEVER AGAIN buy samsung. EVER. shuda kept my blackberry.....

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I shouldn't have to root to compensate for these companies' lack of interests in their customers' satisfaction.

completely agree. i should not have to become a hacker, root, and learn how to do samsung's job just so my still relatively new (and still, arguably, flagship) phone could get up to date software! not for the $ that i paid.

Samsung is aware of our communities, and if they really cared about getting these updates out on time and with HELP (reducing the load on themselves)

thankfully at least someone desided to throw us a bone and leak the dk28. otherwise im sure there would have been hell to pay :)

Sorry for another rant...just had to vent.

i think many of us do at this point

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it, the Epic rocks with or without Froyo. Plus, in the time it takes you to gripe at length about it in the forums you could have rooted and installed a cunstum Froyo rom.

Reactions: ggoomani

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
completely agree. i should not have to become a hacker, root, and learn how to do samsung's job just so my still relatively new (and still, arguably, flagship) phone could get up to date software! not for the $ that i paid.

thankfully at least someone desided to throw us a bone and leak the dk28. otherwise im sure there would have been hell to pay :)

i think many of us do at this point

Think I may be taking the plunge and installing TrulyEpic. I've had bad experiences with DK28 ROMS, so I'm a little hesitant. I thought I could hold out for official 2.2, but it looks like it's not coming until my next upgrade lol.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
After my incident with the Samsung moment it is safe to say that never again will samsung be getting my money. No matter how nice their device looks. I am very happy with HTC and the quality of their devices and speed of updates. I have never owned a Motorola device and will give them a chance when they make a device for sprint. But samsung will never again get my money.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
If only for the dang screen....

I have four games ready to download as soon as I can install games on my SD card. I need to free up my ROM cause the 512 is starting to fill up and it's impacting my phone's performance. I heard the warnings about Samsung, and like many others I said to myself, this is a flagship product, certainly they will support it. I bought two at 250 a pop after rebate. It can't be obsolete already can it? Atrix? Never go to AT&T- would rather suffer with Samsung and hay, I got 18 months till my contract is up, and with a little cash, I can upgrade in about 6 months if I need to. I never thought of rooting until I heard of TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.2 (AC Edition) Reading about this ROM is making me consider it. And honestly, when someone comes out with a screen (on an android phone) that compares, I will explore that phone. Till now, I will suffer with my brethren, all of us in the same boat. And for those that say theres nothing wrong with the phone, understand that with 2.1 stock, we are seeing quadrant scores of 900-925 while others that have rooted various versions of 2.2 are seeing scores in the 1500's. If I go ahead with it (very scared I'll brick it) I'll let you know.

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Guys, go on the Samsung Website like i did. Do the mobile and register your products.
Once you register write a very negative review.
The more people that do it, the better.
You guys have my Bad review up already (its not up yet but i submitted it yesterday)

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
If I go ahead with it (very scared I'll brick it) I'll let you know.

To my knowledge that cant be done. I have "bricked" mine and i just ODIN back to stock. It seems you can always get to download mode at least and from there odin back. My phone wouldnt do ****, just a reboot loop that wouldnt ever load anything. Download mode and odin and all is good. Now i dont feel 2.2 is necessary to make this a bad ass phone. I got my game gripper and slingbox and i could be happy with 2.1 easily. But i am running 2.2 b/c i can lol

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Guys, go on the Samsung Website like i did. Do the mobile and register your products.
Once you register write a very negative review.
The more people that do it, the better.
You guys have my Bad review up already (its not up yet but i submitted it yesterday)

this is the link.
Read and write reviews for Samsung SPH-D700ZKASPR

Also, make sure you make all the ratings 1 star or else its going to take the higher star as the default for your post.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i did this already, about a week ago but still havn't seen my review posted yet. and yes this is getting to be bs. like what was said earlier we shouldn't have to root to get what we were told was coming!!! the sales rep at sprint talked me into the epic (good phone) but what sold me was he said next week it will have 2.2 that was 3 months ago.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i did this already, about a week ago but still havn't seen my review posted yet. and yes this is getting to be bs. like what was said earlier we shouldn't have to root to get what we were told was coming!!! the sales rep at sprint talked me into the epic (good phone) but what sold me was he said next week it will have 2.2 that was 3 months ago.

no you shouldnt have to root. But I've also learned not to rely on people and get **** done myself

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The type of people who would be or should be clamoring for Froyo, are the type of people that should be rooting the phone anyway. The typical end user doesn't care.

That said, what the HECK is taking so long?!?!

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
The type of people who would be or should be clamoring for Froyo, are the type of people that should be rooting the phone anyway. The typical end user doesn't care.

That said, what the HECK is taking so long?!?!

I think they are waiting to see who can wait without whining about Froyo. It's not like the Epic was shipped without an OS installed.....

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I was going to install a leaked Froyo but decided not to become a slave to my phone like I was with the BlackBerry. I don't have "issues" now like I did then, so I don't really mind waiting.

Besides, as much as I keep dropping this thing it might not last anyway.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys are definitely intitled to this update along time ago I had the galaxy s captivate and I choose to grab it and run with it when ever it would come out but the Guy who sole me my phone was my boy who was the manager at Radio shack.

and was of course trying to make a sale and also told me how the captivate phone is aaaaahhh an ok phone but ( It sHoUlD Be GeTtInG A UpDaTe SoON ) yea in a few years lol I should have said but I believed him Cuz he saw the phone way before in stores and also he has to know about the phone before it even hit the shelves in there store so he was told by corporate people that this would be done soon and guess what the next day after he said ahhh its a ok phone he went and sold his Evo for a galaxy s epic 4g and he still has it to this day.

and he says he wont root it because he still believes that its coming soon and he uses the GPS alot and that bug would bug the crap out of me but I don't know how he still dose it but I had the captivate for a month and flashed so many times and almost broke the phone but odin will at almost every time will fix the problem.

but im pretty sure if you mess with any radios or somthing like that then your at a potential bricking your phone but you have a 96% chance that odin can fix it and i always wanted to fixes things on it that should have been done by Samsung before they released these phones to the usa because this problem was found in other countries but they probably said in there heads ahh we already made the phones we wont are money now so what ever will fix it later lol.

but there also is a tipster that works somewhere and this should be taken like a grain of salt but he or she said that there going to sell the galaxy vibrant 2 with everything that everyone's phone should have had was the software of course its 2.2 froyo and they'll have a front face camera now and the 1ghz chip on it so there game is to make sales on that and then make froyo so it wouldn't ruin the sales for that phone.

but they lost alot of customers and the only ones there going to get are the silly ones who never had a smartphone and are upgrading or the ones that say I want to sell my old vibrant and give into Samsungs little game because that's what they where promised and never received it but that's bull s#!t.

but sorry about the ranting but everyone even if your post doesn't get up at least someone had to read it and that will be another bad rating check they'll mark down lol I called and *****ed about how when I held the phone like the iPhones grip of death there reply was oh that phones is new we haven't had any complaints on this and put me on hold and like never picked up so **** them.

and Guy had the balls to even give me an attitude he was like so what are you asking HELLO witch is it bla bla and I just told him nicely that I had the grip of death and it was dropping alot of calls but good luck guys im with HTC Evo lol

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

sanman

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Great suggestion! Just submitted a flame on the Samsung web site. I'm technically able to root and update without Samsung's help and will do so. But it still frosts me that we can't get an officially supported version. Samsung should just drop the pretense and encourage us to do our own thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci