A2DP Bluetooth causes me to get stuck in landscape

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So I thought my Epic was busted so I took it to a Sprint store and when they saw the issue they immediately brought out a new Epic for me. However, I've had the new one for just a day and it's already experienced the bug, so I don't think it was a hardware issue (unless I'm horribly unlucky).

Anyway, the problem is that the phone gets stuck in landscape orientation as if the keyboard was open. In fact, clicking on any text boxes does not bring up the software keyboard at all as it seems to believe the keyboard is slid open even if it's not.

This only happens randomly when I turn the screen on when an A2DP Bluetooth device is paired and connected to the phone. It's happened to me on both phones with a Motorola RKR S9 HD headset and a Jabra Cruiser 2 car kit while using Pandora, Audible, or Beyond Pod, so I don't believe it's a software issue related to an app as it happens in all three of those.

Has anyone else experienced this bug, and does anyone know if a custom ROM fixes it (seeing how Samsung doesn't seem to be too interested in updating).

My device is currently up to date with official software, no modifications save for apps bought in the Marketplace.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes. And I'm sick of it. every time I connect with my t505 my phone crashes and reboots. Then when it comes back it gets stuck in landscape.

Its random too. Sometimes it doesn't do it.

Its really annoying when your in the car trying to listen to music or make a phone call, turn it on, then your phone shuts off.

Then to make it worse you have to reboot again, toggle airplane mode, and turn off the stupid drm again.

If your not going to give us 2.2 give us a damn service update to fix this bull****.

anaugi

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Bluetooth stereo headphones quite a bit, say 5+ hours a day on work days with Pandora. My phone does this several times a day as well as reboots (and it seems like it is doing this without powering down completely) I was thinking it was a problem with Pandora and the phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora after that it was still doing it.

I just did a hard reset and if this doesn't fix it then i was going to go to the sprint store. But I think i will have the same problem even with a new phone.

It does make sense that it could be Bluetooth related because I have experienced this issue every day that i have had my stereo Bluetooth connected, but i didn't notice this problem last weekend when i did not connect it to Bluetooth.

I have only had this phone since the 12th so I haven't had it long enough to see a pattern that would confirm this theory. But it makes the most sense of all the theory's i have looked at.

Last edited:

iBad

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Its an A2DP bluetooth compatibility issue. Within an hour of pairing my new Plantronics voyager pro plus headset, my Samsung Epic froze and rebooted. The screen turned black, with the menu, home, back and search buttons lit up. After about 20 seconds the screen came back on, but in landscape mode only. The only way to get out of landscape is to powercycle the phone. This seems to be very intermittent. Sometimes it can go for a day or two without an issue and sometimes it happens a couple times a day. If anyone knows what triggers this or has a fix please post it. As a troubleshooting step I unpaired my A2DP headset and paired my old non A2DP headset and didn't have the problem, then I purchased the Blueant Q2 A2DP headset and within an 20 minutes of pairing it my phone froze and rebooted like before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC