lock screen during calls

ma38664

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and could not find an answer... is there a way to lock the screen while you are on a call. This the one thing that drives me crazy about my Epic... I am talking and move and my cheek touches something call waiting, mute whatever. Is there a way to lock the screen so this doesn't happen. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this has been discussed.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and could not find an answer... is there a way to lock the screen while you are on a call. This the one thing that drives me crazy about my Epic... I am talking and move and my cheek touches something call waiting, mute whatever. Is there a way to lock the screen so this doesn't happen. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this has been discussed.

I've searched this myself and found no answers.

Only option I did find was Screen Suite in the Market for $1.99. It has an option in there to auto lock the screen during calls to stop unwanted actions happening. It has other lockscreen options too.

ma38664

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just looked that one up. Has a lot of bad reviews, kindof hesitant on spending money on something with alot of problems. Has anyone had any lock with this app.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I just hit the power button one time and it shuts the screen off. To light the screen up again I hit the power button again and it brings it to the call screen.

If you don't want to return to the call screen hit the home button while in a call then lock it or let it time out.

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The Epic has a proximity sensor at the top of the screen to keep these things from happening. The screen shuts off when the phone is next to your ear. To test it take your finger and cover the screen from side to side where the Sprint logo is printed while on a call. If the screen doesn't turn off, your sensor might not be working.

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Epic has a proximity sensor at the top of the screen to keep these things from happening. The screen shuts off when the phone is next to your ear. To test it take your finger and cover the screen from side to side where the Sprint logo is printed while on a call. If the screen doesn't turn off, your sensor might not be working.

this is true, i love that feature about this phone. yours must be faulty. Drawback about the droid x, it does not have this feature.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Depending on how you hold the phone, whether or not you happen to be walking or sitting down, the shape of your face, and the phase of the moon, it's been my personal experience that the sensor is a little picky. I can hold the phone in my right hand and be walking with no issues. If I hold the phone with my left hand, it would randomly hang up under the same circumstances. Just one of those things I had to learn how the phone behaved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet